SQLite 3.6.13

Hi.

I have AutoIt 3.3 installed and it contains SQLite 3.6.7. There is newer version on the site 3.6.13 that has lot of fixes: http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html

2009 April 13 (3.6.13)

Fix a bug in version 3.6.12 that causes a segfault when running a count(*) on the sqlite_master table of an empty database. Ticket #3774.

Fix a bug in version 3.6.12 that causes a segfault that when inserting into a table using a DEFAULT value where there is a function as part of the DEFAULT value expression. Ticket #3791.

Fix data structure alignment issues on Sparc. Ticket #3777.

Other minor bug fixes.

2009 March 31 (3.6.12)

Fixed a bug that caused database corruption when an incremental_vacuum is rolled back in an in-memory database. Ticket #3761.

Added the sqlite3_unlock_notify() interface.

Added the reverse_unordered_selects pragma.

The default page size on windows is automatically adjusted to match the capabilities of the underlying filesystem.

Add the new ".genfkey" command in the CLI for generating triggers to implement foreign key constraints.

Performance improvements for "count(*)" queries.

Reduce the amount of heap memory used, especially by TRIGGERs.

2009 Feb 18 (3.6.11)

Added the hot-backup interface.

Added new commands ".backup" and ".restore" to the CLI.

Added new methods backup and restore to the TCL interface.

Improvements to the syntax bubble diagrams

Various minor bug fixes

2009 Jan 15 (3.6.10)

Fix a cache coherency problem that could lead to database corruption. Ticket #3584.

2009 Jan 14 (3.6.9)

Fix two bugs, which when combined might result in incorrect query results. Both bugs were harmless by themselves; only when they team up do they cause problems. Ticket #3581.

2009 Jan 12 (3.6.8)

Added support for nested transactions

Enhanced the query optimizer so that it is able to use multiple indices to efficiently process OR-connected constraints in a WHERE clause.

Added support for parentheses in FTS3 query patterns using the SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS compile-time option.

Can I use new version 3.6.13 instead of 3.6.7 with UDF coded for 3.6.7 (UDF from AutoIt 3.3 installer) or there might be some issues?

SMF currently utilizes sqlitedll-3_6_11.dll and so far I did not found any issues. Just open the dll like this

_SQLite_Startup(@ScriptDir & "\SMF_Files\smf_sqlitedll-3_6_11.dll")

For sure the next release of SMF will be based on the latest SQLite release ^_^...

Can I use new version 3.6.13 instead of 3.6.7 with UDF coded for 3.6.7 (UDF from AutoIt 3.3 installer) or there might be some issues?

I'm using SQLite extensively within and outside AutoIt. I've used every interim version up to and including 3.6.13 and have found no problem. Of course I certainly am no reference nor do I spend lots of time for testing any new sqlite.dll. I fully trust SQLite devs for making a very complete testing of each new version, with much more akwards tests than I could ever think of.

Just replace the dll where needed and run it blindly: it's rather unlikely that you would discover new bugs that the myriad test harnesses couldn't catch before you, may be _except_ if you're really pushing the library to extreme limits or have uncommonly complex application(s).

In case your apps call for use of some new features, (e.g. backup) then it shouldn't be too hard to write a small supplementary UDF for the new API, until sqlite.au3 is rewamped (if ever).

Just my 2 cents.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)