Sign in to follow this  
Casey

Search and Delete

Casey

Hello All,

I have some manual cleanup of the file system and registry that needs to be accomplished for all users who have local profiles. I have figured out one way to load the NTUSER.dat for each profile that isn't a system profile. I looked at other options that I found in the forum and the web but couldn't get Run(@ComSpec to pass the REG LOAD command correctly. Every time I tried it something in the system would get locked and then the command wouldn't load the hive. I ended up switching to the code below based off the help file and some posts which works well on my systems.

$search = FileFindFirstFile("C:\Documents and Settings\*.*")

; Check if the search was successful
If $search = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "No files/directories matched the search pattern")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1
    $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If $file == "All Users" Or $file == "LocalService" Or $file == "NetworkService" Or $file == @UserName Then
    Else
    ;MsgBox(4096, "Profile:","C:\Documents and Settings\"& $file)
        $Fsearch = FileFindFirstFile("C:\Documents and Settings\" & $file & "\*.*")
    ; Check if the search was successful
        If $Fsearch = -1 Then
            MsgBox(0, "loop 2 Error", "No files/directories matched the search pattern")
            Exit
        EndIf
        While 1
            $Xfile = FileFindNextFile($Fsearch)
            If @error Then ExitLoop
            If $Xfile = "NTUSER.DAT" Then
            ;$Hive = $Xfile
                $XHive = ("C:\Documents and Settings\" & $file & "\" & $Xfile)
            ;MsgBox(4096, "", $XHive)
                Run("CMD.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
                WinWait("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "")
                If Not WinActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "") Then WinActivate("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "")
                WinWaitActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "")
                ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "", "", "cd\" & "{ENTER}")
                Sleep(256)
                ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "", "", "cls" & "{ENTER}")
                Sleep(256)
                ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "", "", 'REG LOAD HKU\NT "' & $XHive & '"' & "{ENTER}")
                RegWrite("HKEY_USERS\NT\Software\Microsoft\CTF", "Disable Thread Input Manager", "REG_DWORD", "1")
                RegWrite("HKEY_USERS\NT\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar", "ExtraIconsOnMinimized", "REG_DWORD", "0")
                RegWrite("HKEY_USERS\NT\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar", "ShowStatus", "REG_DWORD", "2")
                RegWrite("HKEY_USERS\NT\Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB", "ShowDeskBand", "REG_DWORD", "1")
                Sleep(456)
                ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "", "", 'REG UNLOAD HKU\NT' & "{ENTER}")
                Sleep(456)
                ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.exe", "", "", 'exit' & "{ENTER}")
            EndIf
        WEnd
    ; Close the search handle
        FileClose($Fsearch)
    EndIf
WEnd
; Close the search handle
FileClose($search)
MsgBox(0, "Disabling Language Bar Complete", "The script is complete you may continue with what ever you were going to do next." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Note: For the curently logged on user the change will not appear until next logon.")

Where I am stuck is on is identifying a way to search each proilfe under documents and settings to identify and delete the existance of the following.

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\PureEdge

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel.xlb

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel10.xlb

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel11.xlb

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel12.xlb

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\casey.a.poppsa.xlb

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart\ApproveItEx.xla ; or any variation of starting with ~

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\~$Normal.dot

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot ; or any variation of starting with ~

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dotm ; or any variation of starting with ~

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal11.dot ; or any variation of starting with ~

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup\ApproveItEx.dot ; or any variation of starting with ~

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Start Menu\Programs\ApproveIt Desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ApproveIt StartUp.lnk

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Start Menu\Programs\Pureedge Viewer 6.5

So I come to you looking on advise on the best way to handle the identification of files the may have several temp files with the ~ at the beginning of them. I came across a great example of searching provided by MrCreatoR at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...83239&st=15

I thought that if I could understand it then I would have a powerful tool at my disposal but unfortunately my abysmal understanding of StringRegExpReplace and expressions in general has ruled that out. I started to parse through it and comment it so that I could see how it was done but I failed to see what was happening in $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sPath, '\\+ *$', '\').

Could someone please point me in the right direction?