Some Newbie Q's

Guest Ratatosk

Guest Ratatosk

All,

Please have mercy on a lame newbie :) I am tryinig to remove MAPI profiles through the Control panel and I'm unable to open the Mail .cpl. I tried Run("control mlcfg32.cpl") but nothing happens, neither does Run("control C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\mlcfg32.cpl"). I managed to do a dirty solution through Run("control") and then Send ("M"), Send("a") etc... but I know there must be a better way. How?

//BoB

Run ( @ComSpec & " /c start control C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\mlcfg32.cpl", "", @SW_HIDE )

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Guest Ratatosk

Thanks for the code sniplet Xenogis, does this work on your system? I tried it on three different systems and none of them open the MAPI profiles config. In fact, nothing happens at all... :">

Run ( @ComSpec & " /c start control C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\mlcfg32.cpl", "", @SW_HIDE )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ratatosk thanks for starting this one. It answered my newbie question of just how to run a .cpl in an AutoIT script. I checked my XP system for the mlcfg32.cpl and found that the path is different. Mine is just in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlcfg32.cpl. But I'm running on a netware network and mlcfg32.cpl brings up the Novell Default Settings Properties which is associated to GroupWise.

So the code would be:

Run ( @ComSpec & " /c start control C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlcfg32.cpl", "", @SW_HIDE )

Thanks for the code sniplet Xenogis, does this work on your system? I tried it on three different systems and none of them open the MAPI profiles config. In fact, nothing happens at all...  :">

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A useful method for finding out the commandline a program is started with is using Process Explorer from sysinternals.com. If you doubleclick the process it shows the complete commandline, in my case, the mail control panel is started as:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\PROGRA~1\GEMEIN~1\System\MSMAPI\1031\MLCFG32.CPL",@0

So, Autoit does start the cpl like this:

run('"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\PROGRA~1\GEMEIN~1\System\MSMAPI\1031\MLCFG32.CPL",@0','C:\PROGRA~1\GEMEIN~1\System\MSMAPI\1031\')