How to stop the damn WinAPIDraw(something) from blinking?

Hey. Lets be quick and precise shall we? Heres my code:

#NoTrayIcon
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <FontConstants.au3>
Global $tRECT, $hFont, $hOldFont, $hDC, $Hour, $Min
Global $Time = 0
    $tRECT = DllStructCreate($tagRect)
DllStructSetData($tRECT, "Left", @DesktopWidth/2 - 25)
DllStructSetData($tRECT, "Top", 0)
DllStructSetData($tRECT, "Right", @DesktopWidth/2 + 25)
DllStructSetData($tRECT, "Bottom", 100)
    $hDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC(0)
$hFont = _WinAPI_CreateFont(18, 0, 0, 0, 400, False, False, False, $DEFAULT_CHARSET, _
$OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, $DEFAULT_QUALITY, 0, 'Arial')
$hOldFont = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC, $hFont)
While 1
    do
    _WinAPI_DrawText($hDC, $Hour & ":" & $Min, $tRECT, $DT_CENTER)
    $ping = ping("www.google.com")
    sleep(1000)
until $ping > 1
    $Hour = @HOUR
    $Min = @MIN
    Do 
    _WinAPI_DrawText($hDC, $Hour & ":" & $Min, $tRECT, $DT_CENTER)
    $Time = $Time+1
    sleep(1000)
Until $Time = 3600
$Time = 0
$Ping = 0
    WEnd

It works as intended, but the WinAPI_DrawText is -CONSTANTLY- blinking instead of just being plain text. Any way to solve this? Because its kinda anoying. A few notes though, I can't increase the sleeptime and no sleep(3600000) is not the same as sleep(1000) 3600 times.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Qousio

Just a simple question on my part, and I may not be all the bright, but why are you redrawing something every second that won't change but once a minute? Why not keep two sets of variables, current time and new time, and just read the time into new time once a second, check to see if it changed (if new time <> current time), and then redraw only when different, update current time, and then repeat. I know that would solve the flicker problem, and also reduce some of the load on the CPU to constantly redraw something that isn't changing.

Just a simple question on my part, and I may not be all the bright, but why are you redrawing something every second that won't change but once a minute? Why not keep two sets of variables, current time and new time, and just read the time into new time once a second, check to see if it changed (if new time <> current time), and then redraw only when different, update current time, and then repeat. I know that would solve the flicker problem, and also reduce some of the load on the CPU to constantly redraw something that isn't changing.

(if new time <> current time)

good point!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Looks fine on my Win Xp Home SP3, however the time does not update. Is that wahat you wanted?

If not, maybe use...

_WinAPI_DrawText($hDC, @HOUR & ":" & @MIN, $tRECT, $DT_CENTER)

8)

Weird, I'm using XP Pro SP3 and its blinking ;) And no, I can't use @HOUR and @MIN instead of $Hour and $Min, the purpose of my script is to change the time only once an hour when the loop ends.

You see, the thing is, I'm repeating it constantly because I constantly close and open windows, if it doesnt loop itself all the time then it disapears after opening a new window. The time itself must change only once an hour if google is pinged.

(if new time <> current time)

good point!

8)

^_^ Rawr. If I do that it will stop refreshing when I open new windows.