Possible to get hidden text? - As per Autoinfo tool

Hey Everyone,

I had asked a question the other day about some string manipulation and the possibility of pulling hidden text from a program.....

Ok so when I use the Auto info tool I open a particular program and select the title bar at the top. I then go to the hidden text tab in Auto info and this shows most of the text on the current window displayed for this program. I am wanting to know if there is a function to pull this hidden text as this will enable me to be lazy and not have to learn how to manipulate certain controls on the window to get the text I want. Personally I would find it easier to pull this text load it into a VAR then search the giant string for the information I need.....

Is this going to be possible? or do I have to pull the information I require from each individual control on the window??????

Thanking you in advance ^_^....

If this question is not clear please advised. Usually I would have a reply by now and my understanding is this should be a simple yes or no answer for an experienced user.....Thank you..

Edited by kra55

WinGetText

Remarks

Up to 64KB of window text can be retrieved. WinGetText works on minimized windows, but only works on hidden windows if you've set AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

If multiple windows match the criteria for WinGetText, the information for the most recently active match is returned.

Use WinGetText("[active]") to get the active window's text.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Thank you so much for your reply ^_^ can see this being extremely useful ;)

WinGetText

Remarks

Up to 64KB of window text can be retrieved. WinGetText works on minimized windows, but only works on hidden windows if you've set AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

If multiple windows match the criteria for WinGetText, the information for the most recently active match is returned.

Use WinGetText("[active]") to get the active window's text.