check drive

Hey is it possible to scan the floppy drive for a certain file without getting that "Error...please insert a disk" I figure that this could be accomplished if there was a way for autoit to check if there was a disk there and therefore not search for a file wihtout there being a disk inserted. This would likely eliminate this problem.

I don't know if there is a better way or if that one is even possible, I just need to be able to search my floppy drive for a file. Does anyone know how/if this can be achieved with autoit? Thanks...

You can also try "dir a:" at the command prompt. Maybe redirect the output to a file Run(@ComSpec & " /c dir a: > C:\tempFloppyStatus.txt", "", @SW_HIDE) or use the StdIO-enabled beta AutoIt versions?

Something else that might work is an AdlibEnable function that checks for (and dismisses) the "Error... please insert a disk" window.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!