Selecting Folders/Files in Windows..

I have an existing piece of software that I am trying to automate and am having trouble accessing the Windows dialog. I can get to the window where there is a drop down box to select a drive/folder where the files are located. It is changing this location through Autoit that has been difficult to do. Once the correct location is set then I think I can acces the files ok.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

I have tried ControlFocus and ControlSend after the window is active with no luck.

Thanks.

The Windows software is called PDF Tools and allows me to merge PDFs. I know based on which project I am working on, where the PDFs exist. This is not a problem. The issue is getting the open dialog to accept a directory/folder selection based on where the files are. I can create the string for this no problem, just need to get PDF Tools to accept the new location.

ShellExecuteWait ("C:\Program Files\PlotSoft\PDFill\PDFill_PDF_Tools.exe")

WinWaitActive("PDFill PDF Tools 6.0 (Free and No Watermark)")

;open merge pdf files

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Free PDF Tools: Merge PDF Files")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Add PDF Files to be Concated")

Here it is waiting for input...

Thanks.

What does the information from the Au3Info (normally located -> c:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Au3Info.exe) say?

"Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain; something of equal value must be lost."The Help File is truly your friend.

Window Info shows:

Title: Add PDF FIles to be Concated

Class:#32770

ComboBox

Instance: 1

Yes, it just sits there allowing you to navigate to a new location. Of course the default location has files in it, but I need to move to a different one.

Thanks!

Replace this:

WinWaitActive("Add PDF Files to be Concated")

with this:

WinWaitActive("Add PDF files to be Concated")

ControlSend("Add PDF files to be Concated", "", "Edit1", "C:\file.pdf{ENTER}")

i downloaded the software and the title differ "Add PDF files to be Concated" ..so change it to what ever you got ..

Edited by DARKwind

DARKwind,

When I replace the line as suggested with ControlSend("Add PDF files to be Concated", "", "Edit1", "D:\PROJECTS\C000-C099\C03131-00A\1.pdf{ENTER}")

It opens the dialog ok and inserts the path into the File Name location, but it inserts it as D:|PROJECTS\C000-C099\C03131-00A\1.pdf

If I manually correct the "|" to "\" it will load the file correctly. Any ideas why it is changing the backslash ?