IT noob seeking for help

I'm not from IT field but I come across with this and found it quite simple and fun.

My question:

when fileA or fileB open, autoit should perform something.

I try something like this:

WinWaitActive("fileA") or WinWaitActive("fileB")

send("!E")

send("s")

but it is not working. Anyone can help me?

Read the help file carefully - read what WinWaitActive does and what Run or ShellExecutie does.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Read the help file carefully - read what WinWaitActive does and what Run or ShellExecutie does.

fileA and fileB is opened by a batch file.

i am using AutoIT just for:

send("!E")

send("s")

but before i can ask autoIT to do that, I need to check whether fileA or fileB successfully open or not. that's why i'm using WinWaitActive

Auto-IT is a good replacement for batch files. And when you executed it from Auto-IT, then you would know that they were launched( or have a good error code).

Edited by blakel