Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajeshontheweb

[solved - kind of!] ClipBoard File Reading, Help Please

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

hi guys, back again with another thing. Looking for a function to retrieve files from clipbaord . say explorer has a file copied on to clipboard and if there is a way i can paste this file to "C:\TmpFiles" automatically ? my purpose is something else but this is my requirement here.

i have searched a bit through the forums but couldnt find anything thats inbuilt in AutoIT, i repeat i am not looking for retrieving just text information from clipboard. it is one or more files that is in clipboard.

typical example to make one understand my request: i browse through a folder in network, i have a few files to be copied. i would just select those file(s), then come to my c:\tmpfiles folder and right click with explorer, paste it.

Does autoit have any inbuilt functions to retrieve file(s) from clipboard? if not i will have to break my brains (of course post back here with all requirements!) with API calls.

Edited by rajeshontheweb

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

been too idiotic, just browsed through help file, and it says the file / folder name(s) are listed as text seperated by @LF. so this would solve my requirements but i was actually looking for an api implementation of EnumClipboardFormats Windows API Function..

typically, i was wondering about a situaiton where clipboard might have some text info along with files , .. anyways i will start with the current stuff in hand, and if i encounter the actual situation i am worried about, i will come back here.

PS: would be very much interested to see someone help me out in implementing all clipboard related funcitons . probably it would be a great task for some devs / senior coders we could get an UDF developed with all ClipBoard related WinAPI Methods and it would make AutoIT capable of full fledged - clipboard editing.... {not a task i am assiging to anyone, but a feature request probably?}

Edited by rajeshontheweb