Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaberwacky

Pandora's Box

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Have you ever used Pandora Internet Radio? Did you like it? If so then this program might make a nifty if not buggy addition to your listening enjoyment.

Pandora's Box allows users of Pandora Internet Radio to search for more songs and musicians by selecting from a list of Music Genome attributes to play back with Pandora Internet Radio.

What follows is some text that I used when I submitted a VisualBasic version of Pandora's Box to SourceForge:

Pandora's Box allows users of Pandora Internet Radio to discover even more music that they otherwise would not consider. A user of Pandora's Box is free to select from any number and combination of Music Genome attributes which will then be used to search for new music. Many users of Pandora Internet Radio, including myself, become accustomed to our everyday routines. Pandora's Box will encourage users to explore new music even further than Pandora Internet Radio already achieves. The Music Genome project is the foundation of Pandora Internet Radio. Trained listeners evaluate songs on an individual basis checking for certain attributes such as Major Key Tonality, Through-Composed Melody, Triple Note Feel, Dominant Flute Part, etc. A user of Pandora Internet Radio is then free to 'thumb-up' or to 'thumb-down' songs as desired. The songs that the user has rated are analyzed by their attributes and that analysis is used to fine-tune the presentation of songs to the user.

Needless to say that program needs lots of work but the basic functionality should be there. Try it out and tell me what you think. How could I have done this in a different, better way? Any suggestions, ideas, criticisms? All are welcome.

DL: 32

Edited by jaberwocky6669

Have you ever used Pandora Internet Radio? Did you like it? If so then this program might make a nifty if not buggy addition to your listening enjoyment. Pandora's Box allows users of Pandora Internet Radio to search for more songs and musicians by selecting from a list of Music Genome attributes to play back with Pandora Internet Radio.

What follows is some text that I used when I submitted a VisualBasic version of Pandora's Box to SourceForge:

Needless to say that program needs lots of work but the basic functionality should be there. Try it out and tell me what you think. How could I have done this in a different, better way? Any suggestions, ideas, criticisms? All are welcome.

You'll need both files to be stored within the same folder:

Just a thought - this is a great idea. Tried it out and it seems awesome. The thing is I am on a netbook laptop with a tiny screen and the gui interface stretches far beyond the constraints of the monitor so I can't properly use this.

Just a thought - this is a great idea. Tried it out and it seems awesome. The thing is I am on a netbook laptop with a tiny screen and the gui interface stretches far beyond the constraints of the monitor so I can't properly use this.

Oh, I'll have to experiment to make the GUI resizeable. Sorry about that. Glad you like it so far!

For netbook compatibility, you'll want 1024x600 maximum resolution, anything less than that is fine. Great script, man :)