IE Radio select when it's not a radio button...

So I have to automate a selection process of data from a website my company visits, but the radio options on the site aren't really radio options.

example:

In a table there is...

<tr>
            <td class="tbDetail">&nbsp;</td>
            <td class="tbDetail" colspan="5">
                <span class="txtbox"><input id="ctl00_MainContent_T1Flag" type="radio" name="ctl00$MainContent$TTFlag" value="T1Flag" /><label for="ctl00_MainContent_T1Flag">Type 1</label></span>
                &nbsp;
                <span class="txtbox"><input id="ctl00_MainContent_T2Flag" type="radio" name="ctl00$MainContent$TTFlag" value="T2tFlag" /><label for="ctl00_MainContent_T2Flag">Type 2</label></span>
                &nbsp;
                <span class="txtbox"><input id="ctl00_MainContent_BothFlag" type="radio" name="ctl00$MainContent$TTFlag" value="BothFlag" checked="checked" /><label for="ctl00_MainContent_BothFlag">Both</label></span>
            </td>
        </tr>

These are text boxes, with a 'type' of radio....how do I select them? using _IEFormElementRadioSelect won't work because they're not really radios. The scripting on the page works that once one is checked, the others are unchecked (although the checked="checked" thing never goes away). I'm having a bit of difficulty here, any ideas?

thx.