Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GregThompson

STDIn/Out stuff!

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Is there a way to clear the data from the reads of a CMD window? I'm opening a command prompt, remoting into a machine with ODBC's to an MDB and running OSQL to pull info. Once I've run the OSQL command I want to read it's output only into a variable, and then send another, read it into a variable, etc, etc... it's very basic so far, using the AutoIT example as a base.

Local $foo = RunAs("user","domain","pass",0,@ComSpec & " /k c:\downloads\pstools\beyondexecv2 \\seclpcadsm01 cmd","c:\downloads\pstools",@SW_SHOW,$STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

StdinWrite($foo, "osql -S seclpcansdb01 -U user -P pass -e -b -Q" & '"select domain_uuid from ca_discovered_hardware where host_name=' & "'lxpls981mis010'" & @CRLF)
Sleep(5000)

StdinWrite($foo)

Local $data
While True
    $data &= StdoutRead($foo)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    Sleep(25)
WEnd
MsgBox(0, "Debug", $data)
Edited by GregThompson

1) Locate _RunReadStd()

2) Download it.

3) Use it. All of your troubles will go away :)

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

thx , plato -- I need to bookmark that link , I'm rarely in the forums these days.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Thanks fellas, I really appreciate it!