Sign in to follow this  
staticshift

UNC FolderCopy

staticshift

I need a recursive FolderCopy function that allows a UNC file spec. Xcopy is not viable since it only works with local or mapped drives. I cannot depend on the drive mappings being consistent on every PC in the network and making a new mapping is problematical. The built in FileCopy does not copy subfolders recursively. Ive searched the forums for variations on the theme of Folder and Copy but found nothing that seemed workable.

It seems to me that it would be possible write FolderCopy as a user defined function in AutoIt without recourse to any external languages or resources. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, has anyone already done this?

staticshift

Stumbled on to DirCopy in the documentation, don't know how I missed it all this time. It didn't appear to work the first few times I tried it, then I realized that no files will be copied if the destination folder already exists unless the overwrite option is specified.

keeskas

Stumbled on to DirCopy in the documentation, don't know how I missed it all this time. It didn't appear to work the first few times I tried it, then I realized that no files will be copied if the destination folder already exists unless the overwrite option is specified.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok to have some more power try "robocopy" from the ms res kit (2k 2k3 xp)

i used it in combination with autoit works great

Greetings,

Kees