Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bartekd

Autoit Folder Slow

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone notice that any folder that has autoit script EXE's in it, takes forever to open? It seems like it takes a while, and freezes windows explorer for a minute or 2 (dpeneding on how many EXE's are in that folder that were created by autoit).

I have tried this from a networked drive (Server) and off the local C drive, all the same. Also all the computers I tried this on, it was the same thing.

I've seen this & I've always assumed it to be AV related.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Ah, antivirus, that makes sense. Is there any way around it?

Ah, antivirus, that makes sense. Is there any way around it?

Quit writing viruses? :)

Try compiling without UPX compression and see if that helps.

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Quit writing viruses? :party:

Try compiling without UPX compression and see if that helps.

I have the same problem. With UPX it's an immediate Virus. Without, it still takes a long time to "check" each file.

... You gotta love how the AV knows you wrote a virus before it's even released!!!...??? :)

8)

NEWHeader1.png

bartekd,

I get the same "slow-down" when opening any folder containing compressed files. I have always assumed it is the AV decompressing the files before scanning.

As you have created the compiled .exes, you could add the relevant folders to your AV exclusion list - I do that when a new update to my AV decides that AutoIt is a virus.

Your choice: have an AV and accept that its protection (of whatever level) has a certain price - or live without it.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm going to assume we are talking about 3.3.0.0 ... I wonder if you changed the icon to something different or lower res when you compile if it would open faster... just a thought.

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

... I wonder if you changed the icon to something different

Very good Ron. I changed the icon, and as they listed slowly, I did notice that the icon was last to show on each file.

8)

NEWHeader1.png