Is there a msgbox that allows the program to continue, ie. not pausing the script?

• Moderators

piratao2,

Look at SplashTextOn in the Help file.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Maybe...

MsgBoxer("Main Event", "Please wait....     ")

Func MsgBoxer($title, $text)
    Local $Script = 'MsgBox(262208,"' & $title & '","' & $text & '")'
    Local $file_loc = @ScriptDir & "\Killer.au3"
    FileDelete($file_loc)
    FileWrite($file_loc, $Script)
    If @Compiled = 1 Then
        $file_exe = FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')
        Run($file_exe)
    Else
        $file_au3 = FileGetShortName($file_loc)
        Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3, "", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>MsgBoxer

MsgBox(4096, "Test", "The script has continued   ")

8)

NEWHeader1.png

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Opt ('GUIoneventmode',1)
$I = GUICreate ( "Example", 200,100)
GUICtrlCreateButton ('Example Button', 50, 70, 100, 20)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,'_exit',$I)
GUISetState()

While 1

WEnd

Func _exit ()

Exit

EndFunc

Let me tell you what's the problem... My main program have a GUI and should be able to popup multiple message boxes with each error that it finds while executing some tasks that I will not mention for simplicity.

I should then be able to deal with multiple GUI Message Boxes and close each of them when the respective OK button has been pressed on each different GUI Message Box.

Now I need some ideas just to make sure that the right GUI will be closed when I press the OK button on it.

;suppose here is the code that creates my main GUI, with Opt ('GUIoneventmode',1)
;my program is already working and has functions for everything I need. The only remaining is the GUI Message Box.

while 1=1
    sleep(100)
wend

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
func _GUIMsgBox($titlemsg,$textmsg)
    GUICreate($titlemsg,300,200)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($textmsg,10,10,280,80)
    GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok",105,110,90,17)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"btn_guimsgbox_click")
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndFunc
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
func btn_guimsgbox_click()
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc

The function that creates the various GUI windows is ok. The problem is closing only the right one.

I tought GUIDelete would consider the last used GUI as being the one where I clicked the OK button, but on my tests, when I clicked OK on one of the GUI Message Boxes that I created, another one closed. And then the Ok on the other GUI Message Boxes were doing nothing...

Please help with any ideas...

Thanks.

• Moderators

I'm curious on why you'd have a message box pop up at all if you didn't want the user to interact with it or receive a return value at least. If you do want a return value, Valuaters (the way it's set up currently) won't achieve that for you without using std method.

@Val .. Using FileGetShortName() like that does nothing:

$file_loc = @DesktopDir & "\I am a directory\I am a file.exe"
ConsoleWrite(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"') & @CRLF)

It's best to just use double quotes (you should also do that for the AutoIt exe).

Example:

$file_exe = '"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')

Edit:

I'll add the redundancy of returning a value with that type of message box, is the script still has to pause.

Example with std:

ConsoleWrite(__MsgBox(68, "Main Event", "Please wait....     ") & @CRLF)

Func __MsgBox($i_flag, $s_title, $s_text = "", $i_timeout = 0)
    Local $s_send = 'ConsoleWrite(MsgBox(' & _
            $i_flag & ",'" & $s_title & "','" & $s_text & "'," & $i_timeout & "))"
    Local $s_out_val = ""
    Local $i_pid = Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "' & $s_send & '"', "", @SW_HIDE, 6)
    While 1
        $s_out_val &= StdoutRead($i_pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    Return Int($s_out_val)
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Use my function above and you can have as many message boxes as you want and no worry about which GUI is going to close

8)

b

If @Compiled = 1 Then
        $file_exe = FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')
        Run($file_exe)
    Else
        $file_au3 = FileGetShortName($file_loc)
        Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3, "", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf
The code that you wrote simply does not work for me. The program is intended to run on machines that don't have autoit installed and it would be very unreasonable to request autoit to be installed as a pre requisite for my program to work.

My function should work if I manage to associate the guidelete() with the gui window where the user clicked the button ok.

And the reason for having multiple message boxes on the screen is to inform the user that some of the processes failed to complete, keeping a message on the screen for each failed process, while not interfering on the remaining processes that my program should start.

So, in short, the reason is just notification without stoping the main processing. And the reason for having various message boxes (instead of a single one in the end) is just kind of visual convenience, because my program starts many specific processes in a specific sequence. So it is easier to identify which launched processes errored out if I keep the sequence in the task bar.

So, does anybody have a creative idea on how I can create various GUIs and point their OK buttons to the same function, being this function responsible for closing only the GUI where the respective OK button has been pressed?

• Moderators

The code that you wrote simply does not work for me. The program is intended to run on machines that don't have autoit installed and it would be very unreasonable to request autoit to be installed as a pre requisite for my program to work.

My function should work if I manage to associate the guidelete() with the gui window where the user clicked the button ok.

And the reason for having multiple message boxes on the screen is to inform the user that some of the processes failed to complete, keeping a message on the screen for each failed process, while not interfering on the remaining processes that my program should start.

So, in short, the reason is just notification without stoping the main processing. And the reason for having various message boxes (instead of a single one in the end) is just kind of visual convenience, because my program starts many specific processes in a specific sequence. So it is easier to identify which launched processes errored out if I keep the sequence in the task bar.

So, does anybody have a creative idea on how I can create various GUIs and point their OK buttons to the same function, being this function responsible for closing only the GUI where the respective OK button has been pressed?

AutoIt doesn't have to be installed as long as you are calling that from an AutoIt executable :)

As far as the other stuff, I think maybe you should re-design your idea a bit to be something that is synchronous.

Edit:

Had to edit my smiley :party:

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

AutoIt doesn't have to be installed as long as you are calling that from an AutoIt executable :)

As far as the other stuff, I think maybe you should re-design your idea a bit to be something that is synchronous.

Edit:

Had to edit my smiley :party:

Did not know any autoit exe could be used to execute an au3...

But I think anyway that generating multiple scripts is not good technique, so your idea is not what I use to do.

Thanks anyway.

I have the solution already. It's working preety fine.

To call the function that creates a GUI Message Box:

$Form1_1 = GUICreate("Macro Putty", 664, 617, 194, 116)
    Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form1_1)

;my main gui code here
;there are other functions to do the main program work

;then below I show examples on how to use my GUI Message Boxes.
    _GUIMsgBox("test1","text here")
    _GUIMsgBox("test2","text here")
    _GUIMsgBox("test3","text here")

;this while is for keeping the main gui program running until the events of the main program don't occur.
    While 1
        Sleep(100)
    WEndoÝ÷ Ø    ݶºw-ìjëh×6func _GUIMsgBox($titlemsg,$textmsg)
    GUICreate($titlemsg,300,200)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($textmsg,10,10,280,80)
    GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok",105,110,90,17)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"btn_guimsgbox_click")
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndFunc
func btn_guimsgbox_click()
    local $handle_msg
    $handle_msg=WinGetHandle("[active]") 
    GUIDelete($handle_msg)
EndFunc

... It's working preety fine. ...

Pretty fine? Does that mean that it does not always work for you?

Anyway, I'll offer this solution from the help file under "Running Scripts"

Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine  "MsgBox(0, [color="#ff0000"]''[/color]Hello World![color="#ff0000"]''[/color], [color="#ff0000"]''[/color]Hi![color="#ff0000"]''[/color])"')
It is one line of code.

It will always work (if you get the single quotes and double quotes right).

It allows the main script to continue.

...but you probably want to stick with your GUI if it works for you.

Note: It does generate one instance of the compiled script for each MsgBox.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Moderators

Did not know any autoit exe could be used to execute an au3...

But I think anyway that generating multiple scripts is not good technique, so your idea is not what I use to do.

Thanks anyway.

I never said it was the solution, I personally would write a dll for it in another language if I were going to do it that way.

You could always do someting like this:

#NoTrayIcon
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
;#include <WinAPI.au3>

Opt("WinWaitDelay", 0)

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Test", 300, 300, 20, 100, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

Global $hButton_NonBlocking_InputBox = GUICtrlCreateButton("Show InputBox", 100, 100, 150, 25)
Global $hButton_Classic_InputBox = GUICtrlCreateButton("Show classic InputBox", 100, 150, 150, 25)

Global $hButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("FileOpenDialog", 20, 220, 120, 25)

#cs
Global $bDialog = "0x0100FFFF00000000000004004C0ACC80040000000000A2005F00000000004100" & _
        "750074006F0049007400200049006E00700075007400200042006F0078000000" & _
        "0800000000014D00530020005300680065006C006C00200044006C0067000000" & _
        "0000000000000000000002500700070093002C00EA030000FFFF820050007200" & _
        "6F006D0070007400000000000000000000000000800081500700380093000C00" & _
        "E9030000FFFF8100000000000000000000000000010001501000490032000E00" & _
        "01000000FFFF80004F004B000000000000000000000000000000015057004900" & _
        "32000E0002000000FFFF8000430061006E00630065006C0000000000"

Global $tDialog = DllStructCreate("byte[" & BinaryLen($bDialog) & "]")
DllStructSetData($tDialog, 1, $bDialog)

Global $hDialogProc = DllCallbackRegister("_DialogProc", "int", "hwnd;dword;dword;hwnd")

Global $aCall = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateDialogIndirectParamW", _
        "hwnd", 0, _
        "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tDialog), _
        "hwnd", $hGui, _
        "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($hDialogProc), _
        "dword", 0)

Global $hDialog = $aCall[0]
#ce
;#cs
Global $hDialogProc = DllCallbackRegister("_DialogProc", "int", "hwnd;dword;dword;hwnd")

Global $aCall = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateDialogParamW", _
        "hwnd", 0, _ 
        "int", 1000, _
        "hwnd", $hGui, _
        "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($hDialogProc), _
        "dword", 0)

Global $hDialog = $aCall[0]
;#ce

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case - 3
            Exit
        Case $hButton_NonBlocking_InputBox
            WinSetState($hDialog, 0, @SW_SHOW)
    ;_WinAPI_ShowWindow($hDialog)
        Case $hButton_Classic_InputBox
            InputBox("", "")
        Case $hButton
            FileOpenDialog("", "", "(*)", Default, "", $hGui)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

DllCallbackFree($hDialogProc)

Func _DialogProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Switch $iMsg
        Case 16
            WinSetState($hWnd, 0, @SW_HIDE); use DestroyWindow to destroy it (modeless dialog box) 
        Case $WM_COMMAND
            Switch $wParam
                Case 1
                    ConsoleWrite("'OK' clicked" & @CRLF)
                Case 2
                    ConsoleWrite("'Cancel'-ed" & @CRLF)
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

EndFunc ;==>_DialogProc

Only imagination is needed to modify that to suite your needs.

There is also ProgAndy's thread exploit around (use forum's search engine).

But, I guess there is nothing wrong with two processes.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Just to make sure, I'd like to say that the solution that I posted works 100% perfect, it's simple and it's 100% perfect for my needs.

But I liked too herewasplato's suggestion, however I'm not sure it would be good to create another instance of the program for each message that pops up...

trancexx's solution may work too (I did not take the time to look it carefuly, but it seems to be creating a message box using the api directly)...

Thanks everybody!

Thanks too to Valuater whom seemed to get angry with me... I did not mean to offend, just told that the proposed solution is not the type of solution that my program requires. Overrall it's basically kind of personal taste...

Edited by piratao2