autoit files gone after using commands?

Was working on implementing a new feature in a program i was practically done with..in which the users could log what has happened.

so basically it went like this:

#include <File.au3>

If fileopen("C:\.....\settings.txt", 0) = 0 Then

_filecreate("C:\autoitprograms\log.txt)

Else

filedelete("C:\autoitprograms\log.txt")

_filecreate("C:\autoitprograms\log.txt")

Endif

after running this..all of the files located in my main autoit folder were deleted. After this happened, I looked through the recycling bin, and also conducted a search..but they're gone. could someone explain this to me?

• Moderators

Was working on implementing a new feature in a program i was practically done with..in which the users could log what has happened.

so basically it went like this:

#include <File.au3>

If fileopen("C:\.....\settings.txt", 0) = 0 Then

_filecreate("C:\autoitprograms\log.txt)

Else

filedelete("C:\autoitprograms\log.txt")

_filecreate("C:\autoitprograms\log.txt")

Endif

after running this..all of the files located in my main autoit folder were deleted. After this happened, I looked through the recycling bin, and also conducted a search..but they're gone. could someone explain this to me?

FileOpen returns a handle or -1 (Never zero). So the "If" conditional statement could never be true. So it will always be the "Else" statement which deletes the files.

Also, the way you're using FileOpen() shouldn't be done that way... Not storing the handle will make it kind of hard to use FileClose() later.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.