Some questions from a rookie

Hello there.

I've been using AutoIt for 6 months or so to help me on my job and some personal life issues, but now I'm starting to use it for some advanced stuff, that can't be simply learned from the help file.

I have plenty of questions to ask here, but I feel that I'll understand most of them if you can help me with this little one:

What does it mean if I have a .function after my variable? Like $myvar.Create("parameter"). I've seen many of these on the sample scripts on this forum and I don't understand it.

Still on the same subject, when I had doubts about a function using SciTE, I just put my mouse over it and press F1. But with this ".functions" it doesn't work (probably because they're in a library?). Well, one of my current projects use OCR, and on many examples of it on this forum they have stuff like "$miDoc.Ocr ($miLANG_ENGLISH, True, False)" that I simply can't understand. So, where should I look for information about these ".functions" and how they work?

Thanks in advance.

and where do I get more info about a specific object?

AutoIt isn't object oriented per-se, what you are seeing are COM objects created by ObjGet() or ObjCreate(). You won't get much support for these objects here and you are better off using Google.