Network'd Joysticks

Here is what i want do to, have 2 servers connect to one another, the game pad is then ether put into windows as a fake joystick (really cool but not needed) or mapped to keys, D-Pad and Buttons will only be used, i see : http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=94834 this might help with the Joystick Part, but what about the network part, this is for a fighting game that is dirt old, and doesnt support networking, but if we run the same game at the same time, it "should" work

its a 2 part system, decodes the gamepad data into a keypress sends it over the interweb, client get the data, sends the input command, and the same for the client, when he uses his joystick, it will send me data and run the commands on my system

So, in short, you want one system the push for example A button if the other end is pushing this same button, same for the rest of the buttons, etc..? If so, you need to hook the device or process the WM_INPUT on both ends. Once a key is triggered, you send it's keycode using the TCP functions and post this event using one of the appropriate functions: Send(), SendInput() API.

maybe this will help

have the users gamepad commands sent to one another so that the game is in sync

I know its hackish to no end, but bringing somewhat multiplayer to a game will be fun

Also i have no idea where to even start with the joystick, as i want to map the gamepads to key presses

post-50219-1243732285_thumb.png

Edited by jrwr