Visual Studio 2010 Beta.

If anyone is interested in playing with it, you can download the Beta and the .NET Framework 4 from this page

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

They could have done some cool stuff with a Ribbon. I'm thinking dynamically switching to a Debugging Ribbon when... debugging and stuff like that as opposed to magically appearing and disappearing toolbars.

I'm having a difficult time turning up really usable information regarding the use of ribbons. I've also downloaded the WindowsAPI Codepack and its help file for use in VS2010 and there just isn't anything iin there about the ribbons. The new Ajax Beta update has several new web controls added but that doesn't help with the code I'm trying to work with and again no ribbons. They seem to be keeping the Ribbon control under wraps right now.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

AFAIK Ribbons require Office. That's why I'm a little surprised VS10 doesn't have them since both Office and VS use the same (or similar) COM objects for their UIs. Windows 7 may have "native" support for Ribbons but I'm not sure on that. That's just a fuzzy memory of something I may or may not have read.

AFAIK Ribbons require Office. That's why I'm a little surprised VS10 doesn't have them since both Office and VS use the same (or similar) COM objects for their UIs. Windows 7 may have "native" support for Ribbons but I'm not sure on that. That's just a fuzzy memory of something I may or may not have read.

Win 7 has native support and I think Office 2007 was really just the test bed for the control. I've read, someplace along the way, that there is some kind of special licensing going to be required to use the ribbons. I seem to recall that there was no cost but you had to meet certain requirements. I just don't remember all the details now. I have come across a couple of custom Ribbon DLLs which of course will be the standard reaction to non-sensical approaches taken by MS. Of course it's only a matter of time until someone finds a reliable workaround so it may as well have been included as a standard control. Remember though, we are talking about Microsoft here and that generally means that very little of what they do will make sense to people of normal intelligence.

George