Quick Email Account Check

G'day all

I'm writting a small program to check email accounts for my customers. The general idea is I enter their details once, validate it, then periodicaly check that the password hasn't changed. I get a lot of customers that change their password (as they should) but forget to change the password in the ADSL modem to logon so next time the power goes off I get a call of "No internet access".

I know I can setup an telnet session and manually enter the commands and check results. But before I embark on that little trip I thought I'd ask if anyone had a better suggestion or better yet a UDF.

To start POP is all I need to check but I'm worried about proxyes as I've done very little work in this area and don't use a proxy.

Thanks for any help

John Morrison

Edited by storme

How would the manual telnet commands look like? Telnet is just sending the raw data you supply so it is in most cases direct translatable to the native autoit TCP* functions.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Thanks monoceres

I went looking for the commands to post here and I did a slightly different search to the ones I'd alreyad done and came up with http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=pop+pass+email which is exaclty what I was looking for.

thanks for the nudge

John Morrison

I did a little work on "monoceres" code and came up with a little UDF _PopCheck to check username, password, server and optionally port for validity.

If it maybe useful to you then check out http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96224

Good luck

John Morrison