How to get string from .exe

Hi.

I'm just newbie at this, but please tell me ...

For example I have running process SRO_Client.exe, and I have in game message "You have been disconnected from the server.".

How can I read that with autoit?

...please some example script ...

Thx

• Developers

Hi.

I'm just newbie at this, but please tell me ...

For example I have running process SRO_Client.exe, and I have in game message "You have been disconnected from the server.".

How can I read that with autoit?

Put on your glasses and start reading?

...please some example script ...

Seriously, How long are you now visiting these forum ? Lets agree you should know better by now. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm sorry I cant read all :D (no time for play xD )

really ... just point me where should I start in help file ... :D

I don't visiting this forum long time :/ ... I just come when I need help, and I need help when I'm coding ... and I am coding when I have time ... And this is

maybe 2 - 5 days per month

And my old thread:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96157

I need little help here to, no one can see it because is on 2nd page :/

Edited by DoctorSLO

I don't visiting this forum long time :/ ... I just come when I need help, and I need help when I'm coding ... and I am coding when I have time ... And this is

I'm going to assume your native language isn't english?

Use the forum search and look at the helpfile. Everything you need is in one of the two places, if not both.

• Developers

How on earth can you seriously expect anybody to come up with a proper answer without even putting in the slightest effort to explain what you really want.

You talk about reading text but forget to explain were the text is displayed and what you have tried yourself first that wasn't working.

Be serious and you'll be treated serious.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

How on earth can you seriously expect anybody to come up with a proper answer without even putting in the slightest effort to explain what you really want.

You talk about reading text but forget to explain were the text is displayed and what you have tried yourself first that wasn't working.

Be serious and you'll be treated serious.

Jos

I don't asking too much. I just want one simple example or just tell me the commands that do this ... I was searching on forum, but I didn't found it :D

I already told that I'm newbie here, because till now I was working with IE ... so I don't know, Is this complicated thing or not ?

• Developers

... so I don't know, Is this complicated thing or not ?

Yes, mainly because you do not answer the questions I raised in my previous post. Is it my English?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Mhm ok, I'm running the full screen application. The name of the window and process is SRO_Client.exe. So then In that application sometimes appear window which says that "You have been disconnected from the server."

So all I want to know is how to read this from application ....

$read = Read(SRO_Client.exe)

IF StringInStr($read, "You have been disconnected from the server.") Then

;code

EndIf

So now You understand?

I realy don't know what you mean with "explain were the text is displayed " ... is it not enough to tell that is in the SRO_Client.exe ??

Edited by DoctorSLO

• Developers

I realy don't know what you mean with "explain were the text is displayed " ... is it not enough to tell that is in the SRO_Client.exe ??

Not for me as I do not have SRO_Client.exe.

Is it graphics, a standard control on a standard Window, a html page, a separate MSGBOX ... anything else ?

Have you checked any of this with au3info?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

i play that game too but its not even possible to read the text from memory in that case

only way to do it, is to build a launcher and hook the functions to detect it (for example Testosterone loader for Silkroad is doing it that way)

i play that game too but its not even possible to read the text from memory in that case

only way to do it, is to build a launcher and hook the functions to detect it (for example Testosterone loader for Silkroad is doing it that way)

why not search for memory changes when the message is visible and while not?

as i said... not possible to just read out...

but another possibility would be to scan the internet connection for packets of silkroad... if a client stops sending you'd know it was disconnected.

but thats kinda hard too i think.

just let it be, there are about 5000 to 10000 new autologin tools since they removed the captcha, all 10 lines long and written in autoit, i think they dont need anotherone and u could use one of those :D

or you do it by reading out text from a bot, forexample SBot shows u in a simple textbox if you are disconnected... you can get it with ControlGetText()

• 4 weeks later...