Windows 7 taskbar Redux [Final]

picea892

I had really made this for my Win Xp machine and am not really that fond of glass and so never pursued further. I think on that last note, given the number of views Vista glass and Glass Cmd get I am in the very small minority :D

So anyways, Can you take a look at my attached attempt? Is there anything to be done?

Well Aero wont work for you, so it's probably not worth trying without being able to test it.

I'd be happy to take a look for you when I get home later.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATED - See first post

Added the ability to pin and unpin icons by dragging and dropping exe on taskbar or by right clicking on the icon. Pinned icons will always be on left and are stored in an ini file. Upon first run the ini file will be created and pin notepad and calculator to the taskbar.

I think this version is bug free. I have also fixed the array exceeded array previously mentioned.

Feedback or feature requests welcome.

Picea

The only thing i see is at attempt to unpin both calculator and notepad from rightclick.As you unpin the second one it brings both back.Don't if thats intentional or not.

But reguardless great job,i've been using this since you posted it,love this little bar.

:D

Boy you're a good beta tester Frou Frou. it's appreciated..... Glad you like it. I really do to and am using it more and more frequently.

Found the error. When there is nothing in the ini file it throws an error. My error checker thought it was because the file didn't exist and created a new ini file that rewrote the old. Thus the icons come back.

I put in an if fileexists line and it seemed to fix it.

Uploaded the fixed version.

Edited by picea892

Well everything seems to be working the way intended.But i will keep using so i'll let you know if i find bug.Only thing i can provide at this point is suggestions,you can implement them if you like.One thing that would be nice is, if the item is pinned and that item has already been ran or opened is not to show a second icon but have the pinned one bring the running version up.Don't know if I said that right,let me know if i screwed that one up.I confused myself there.

Second thing that i think would be great is just like clicking icon restores window,have it minimize restored ones as well.

Just suggestions,leaving it as is would be good enough for me.

Local $sExclude_List = "|Start[CL:102939]|Start|Desktop|Start Menu[CL:102938]|taskbar|iconwin|desktop[CL:102937]|Program Manager|taskbar|Menu|Save As|Drag|"
Local $sExclude_class = "|tooltips_class32|gdkWindowToplevel|gdkWindowTempShadow|TaskSwitcherWnd|gdkWindowTemp|bosa_sdm_
Microsoft Office Word 11.0|MsoCommandBarPopup|MsoCommandBarShadow|NUIDialog|CallTip|ThumbnailClass|#32770|Desktop User Picture|OfficeTooltip|"

O.K. How do I add my excludes to this?giving me trouble now,i forgot how i done it before. :D

Sorry to be such a bother.

The Window is

Title:  Windows Sidebar
Class:  SideBar_AppBarWindow
Edited by froufrou

Hi Frou Frou

"if the item is pinned and that item has already been ran or opened is not to show a second icon but have the pinned one bring the running version up"

If I understand you correctly then this might another tweak needed. There should only be one of any icon showing....

Probably don't have to do both. Adding either the title to first list or the class to the second list would be enough. I did both for you. Since you have given me the title, I'll likely put this in the next version because others probably have the same problem.

I think your right. For the main icon, if you there is a program restored or maximized and if it is presently active, the click should minimize it. Also need to add the close button to the program list. So you can close a window quicker. Next version....

Edit: oops wrong version of code. fixed now...Also watch out for wrap formatting....

Local $sExclude_List = "|Start[CL:102939]|Start|Desktop|Start Menu[CL:102938]|taskbar|iconwin|desktop[CL:102937]|Program Manager|taskbar|Menu|Save As|Drag|Windows Sidebar|"
Local $sExclude_class = "|tooltips_class32|gdkWindowToplevel|gdkWindowTempShadow|TaskSwitcherWnd|gdkWindowTemp|bosa_sdm_M

icrosoft Office Word 11.0|MsoCommandBarPopup|MsoCommandBarShadow|NUIDialog|CallTip|ThumbnailClass|#32770|Desktop User Picture|OfficeTooltip|Windows Sidebar|"
Edited by picea892

This is what i mean. Firefox is pinned on left,it just runs firefox for me.

When opened it shows the running window on right.

What i was wondering is it possible to only show pinned one,and if pinned one is clicked again the script will maximize the running window instead starting another process of Firefox.

Picture at bottom.

And your Exclude fix worked,the only thing is the sidebar exclude only works for sidebar name,you have to add name of each individual item on sidebar as well,but works,so thank-you.

shot.bmp

Edited by froufrou

This is what i mean. Firefox is pinned on left,it just runs firefox for me.

When opened it shows the running window on right.

What i was wondering is it possible to only show pinned one,and if pinned one is clicked again the script will maximize the running window instead starting another process of Firefox.

Picture at bottom.

And your Exclude fix worked,the only thing is the sidebar exclude only works for sidebar name,you have to add name of each individual item on sidebar as well,but works,so thank-you.

Hmm. I can't duplicate the problem. (see screenshot). At first I thought it was from 2 different exe but that can't be because both show maximized. As I use if over the next few days I'm sure I'll experience the same problems, I'm sure I'll solve it over time.

As for your minimize if restored and active. I think I got it. Because of how I have the script written I had to go back 3 in the z order to find it. I have it up on the first post.

post-45064-1244930308_thumb.jpeg

i cant seem to get anything to minimize. :D:D

to clarify, in the pic i posted earlier,the firefox on the far left is not a window,it is a shortcut to firefox.And if launched it will show a second icon because you now have a firefox window.just wondering is there a easy to add not to show second icon.

For instance if you click the pinned firefox icon it will maybe check if firefox is running and if not,it will run firefox and if it is running maximize firefox window instead of starting another instance.

And i'm just using firefox as example.you just need to be able to check for what ever process that icon represents and if its running maximize that running process.And if not running start it.

Edited by froufrou

i cant seem to get anything to minimize. :D:D

to clarify, in the pic i posted earlier,the firefox on the far left is not a window,it is a shortcut to firefox.And if launched it will show a second icon because you now have a firefox window.just wondering is there a easy to add not to show second icon.

For instance if you click the pinned firefox icon it will maybe check if firefox is running and if not,it will run firefox and if it is running maximize firefox window instead of starting another instance.

And i'm just using firefox as example.you just need to be able to check for what ever process that icon represents and if its running maximize that running process.And if not running start it.

Hi Froufrou

I have a thought. Open your ini file and make sure you don't have firefox listed twice in it. If so delete one. I tried putting it in twice and got two icons just like you and experienced some other strange behaviour. Next version I will put a check in to make sure only one of everything is in the ini.

As for the behaviour your're seeking. That's whay it should work like. When just a shortcut. Click once to open a version. Subsequent clicks toggle from restored to minimized. To open a second of that program you can do it from the right click menu.

I'm convinced you have two firefox's in your ini. It's the only explanation.

Let me know.

Picea

Hi Froufrou

I have a thought. Open your ini file and make sure you don't have firefox listed twice in it. If so delete one. I tried putting it in twice and got two icons just like you and experienced some other strange behaviour. Next version I will put a check in to make sure only one of everything is in the ini.

As for the behaviour your're seeking. That's whay it should work like. When just a shortcut. Click once to open a version. Subsequent clicks toggle from restored to minimized. To open a second of that program you can do it from the right click menu.

I'm convinced you have two firefox's in your ini. It's the only explanation.

Let me know.

Picea

OK finally figured it out.I have a portable version of firefox .Had the portable launcher pinned and the other icon was the actual firefox window. :D

I still have no minimizing on any window,don't know what to say about that one.but still love this script.I'm sure i will eventually figure it out.

Probably will be the last update for a while.

Added Taskbar right click

- colour schemes - Blue, Green, Rainbow etc.

- submenu transparency option

- hide real taskbar on start option

Added close group from right click menu

Added submenu close button

Picea

Edited by picea892

oops.

Maybe more of an explanation is needed.

3 ways to get it back.

1) Exit script using Shift and Esc.

2) Right click taskbar and select don't hide taskbar and press the submit button

3) Change the ini file to not hide taskbar (change taskbar to 0) and rerun the script.

Maybe need to put a further message on 1st post.

I also should note, that the default setting is to not hide the taskbar

Edited by picea892

Well you said last update for a while,but when your ready, the new version throws a few errors.Hope you don't give up,this is good stuff. :D:D

>Running AU3Check (1.54.14.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
C:\Users\Poo\Downloads\AutoIt\Windows 7 Taskbar\Windows_7_Taskbar7new.au3(55,21) : WARNING: $date: possibly used before declaration.
    GUICtrlDelete($date)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\Poo\Downloads\AutoIt\Windows 7 Taskbar\Windows_7_Taskbar7new.au3(57,67) : WARNING: $bckcolour: possibly used before declaration.
SetIcon($date,"", 3, 100,40, $aFactors, $aPositions, $bckcolour[1],
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\Poo\Downloads\AutoIt\Windows 7 Taskbar\Windows_7_Taskbar7new.au3(126,20) : WARNING: $taskbar: possibly used before declaration.
    GUISwitch($taskbar)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\Poo\Downloads\AutoIt\Windows 7 Taskbar\Windows_7_Taskbar7new.au3(544,82) : WARNING: $trans: possibly used before declaration.
Func _API_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hwnd, $i_transcolor, $Transparency = $trans,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\Poo\Downloads\AutoIt\Windows 7 Taskbar\Windows_7_Taskbar7new.au3 - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)
->00:53:31 AU3Check ended.rc:1
+>00:53:31 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.452
Edited by froufrou

Hi, until making this update I never realized how useful the Windows 7 right click and launch recently used files is. I could have implemented in this script as is but would prefer a static list. So you can add a static list of shortcuts which are essentially sorted by executeable. Pretty powerful in my opinion.

Updates:

Drag and drop a file on to the taskbar.

.exe files will be pinned to the taskbar same as right clicking and clicking pin.

all other files will become shortcuts to the associated program. Shortcuts can be accessed by right clicking the icon. I'll give an example.

Drag and drop a rtf or doc and if microsoft word is your default associated program, it will snap to that icon. If abiword is your default, it goes to that icon.

You can customize further by using the ini file. Add the following. And you get a shortcut to the autoit forum when the opera icon is present.

[opera.exe]

Autoit Forum=http://www.autoitscript.com/forum

anyways. I find it is revolutionizing how I access my computer. Hope you enjoy it too.

Edited by picea892

Hi again

Numerous updates and new features and some significant under the hood changes made.

Optimized script by using a shellhook to identify when active window changes. Drastic reduction in CPU usage.

Submenu beautified. Now shrinks to fit small text and contains icons. submenu icon can be changed via the ini file that is created.

New functionality

On Submenu. Right click will highlight window red. When menu closes, the highlighted windows are closed.

On main icons. Double click to minimize and single click to activate.