I dont know if this is possible

Hello everyone.

I would say im pretty new to AutoIt, but i have been working with it for about 3 weeks now.

There is a certain application i am tryin to make. Generally, i have it figured out, but there are a few things im not sure of. I dont know if it is because of Autoit limitations or my own noobidity.

The problems i am having are these.

1st and foremost, i am tryin to run a GUI, and internet explorer at the same time.

That at first is not a hard thing, i have acheived that.

But...

What i want to do is have them both run at the same time, and to only see the IE window through a "window" inside the GUI.

This way, the GUI has top most value, but you can still interact with the IE window at the same time. Plus i want both programs to close when the user presses the "x" button on the GUI.

2nd, most of the GUI buttons i will have, will start their own scripts. This two is not hard, i have made this happen.

But......

I seem to be having problems with looping the scripts until the user presses "ESC".

Like i said, i have only been working with AutoIt for about 3 weeks, so more than likely it is on behalf of my noobidity that i cannot seem to figure these problems out myself.

Ok, i have some great news.

After scouring this fourm's topics and what-not, i have indeed found out how to solve my first problem.

Thank you all sooo much, and just to let you know, i still need help looping(my second problem).

Edited by Powder81
[font="Optima"]Every once in a while... we realize the sun does not rise on our command.[/font][font="Optima"]"Man Standing on Toilet is High on Pot" :Qui Con Jin[/font][font="Optima"]"Can't We All Just Get Along?" :The man who said that was shot by his brother shortly afterwards.[/font]Brand new site/forum i just started. As of 04/12/2005 no members.Check it out, join if you want.

• Developers

Hello everyone.

I would say im pretty new to AutoIt, but i have been working with it for about 3 weeks now.

There is a certain application i am tryin to make.  Generally, i have it figured out, but there are a few things im not sure of.  I dont know if it is because of Autoit limitations or my own noobidity.

The problems i am having are these.

1st and foremost, i am tryin to  run a GUI, and internet explorer at the same time.

That at first is not a hard thing, i have acheived that.

But...

What i want to do is have them both run at the same time, and to only see the IE window through a "window" inside the GUI.

This way, the GUI has top most value, but you can still interact with the IE window at the same time. Plus i want both programs to close when the user presses the "x" button on the GUI.

2nd, most of the GUI buttons i will have, will start their own scripts. This two is not hard, i have made this happen.

But......

I seem to be having problems with looping the scripts until the user presses "ESC".

Like i said, i have only been working with AutoIt for about 3 weeks, so more than likely it is on behalf of my noobidity that i cannot seem to figure these problems out myself.

Ok, i have some great news.

After scouring this fourm's topics and what-not, i have indeed found out how to solve my first problem.

Thank you all sooo much, and just to let you know, i still need help looping(my second problem).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAve a look at HotKeySet() and the example .... that should help you...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You might be able to do this by resizing/moving each section of the IE window( toolbar, and main body which I believe are actually separate controls in the window.)

if you make these both smaller, when the window is maximized, you'll have area in which to embed controls into.....

Run the AU3 Info tool and as you hover over each section you should be able to

figure out which controls to resize to make room for your GUI stuff, depending on how you want it to appear.

I just finished writing a UDF ("ANYGUI.au3") that you can use to embed your GUI into IE's window. it's in the "Scripts and Scraps" section under "ANYGUI.au3" Haven't tried IE controls myself, but if you can move/resize them then you shouldn't have any probs embedding your GUI

Edited by quaizywabbit
[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8

Well, i stay up all night last night workin on it, and have come up with a pretty decent script.

Right now i am making an installer and unistaller for the program, and once i am done, ill post it here to show you what i have done.

Thanks for all the help.

[font="Optima"]Every once in a while... we realize the sun does not rise on our command.[/font][font="Optima"]"Man Standing on Toilet is High on Pot" :Qui Con Jin[/font][font="Optima"]"Can't We All Just Get Along?" :The man who said that was shot by his brother shortly afterwards.[/font]Brand new site/forum i just started. As of 04/12/2005 no members.Check it out, join if you want.

Ok, i got the installer done, so now i will share with you the beginnings of my project.

Please remember, this was made for a game i play, RuneScape, so if you dont play that game, then just dload and critic my program.

Well, i just tried to upload the file, but it says i can't, so if you want to test it out, just e-mail me and ill send you a copy.