Mute IE clicksound

Hi all,

I currently have a program that runs a couple of automated webbased tasks. But every time the program clicks a link or refreshes the page, you hear the annoying clicksound. Is there any way to mute that sound? It is not an option to turn off my speakers.

Thanks!

P.S.

I'm using _IECreateEmbedded(), not the normal _IECreate().

Edited by PcExpert

This works on my XP machine:

RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current", "")

Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer share this setting.

Could be different depending on OS, and with Vista you have the option of setting volume levels per app. (Haven't messed with it yet)

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

Is it possible to only disable it temporarily, I mean I could use regwrite to recreate the setting, but the disadvantage is that it diables the sound for windows explorer too... I have looked at propertyset, from the _IE Functions, but it didnt have that kind of feature.

Edited by PcExpert

Is it possible to only disable it temporarily, I mean I could use regwrite to recreate the setting, but the disadvantage is that it diables the sound for windows explorer too... I have looked at propertyset, from the _IE Functions, but it didnt have that kind of feature.

One option would be to run the IE sessions in the context of another user, who has the sound disabled.

But it all depends on what your program needs access to.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

It only needs access to one external domain. Now that were talking about _IE, there's one other problem I ran into. When you login to a website using the Embedded IE window, and the page makes use of sessions, when you click a link then, which opens in a new window, the session is not there. Is there any way to solve that too (apart from using _IECreate()? (because as far as I know, _IEcreate just works with sessions, even with a popup opening...)