has this been covered?

hi, if this has been covered please point me to the link.

i want to make an application where,.....

a passkey must be entered.

the user must purchase one passkey per application.

it will run only one copy per key.

it will (somehow) connect to the internet, and check a database to see if someone else is already using the passkey at the moment OR has already installed the program.

of course, if they uninstall the program, it should remove their key from the database so that they would be able to reinstall it on another computer, or on the same computer after they uninstalled it. i dont know how to do this of course... thats why im posting.

i want to do this, so that when/if i ever sell a hard-worked on script... that another party who purchased a passkey will not be able to just give their copy away for free to everyone.

i have a feeling this might be a long thread.. please reply with your code and suggestions. thank you

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

The idea is to test a key like the new online games.

This is imho no challenge for AutoIt.

If you want to realize such a project, you have to code and crypt the transfer, the key, the database and of course the source code.

Create a mysql-database and the corresponding php-scripts.

Crypt the informations with the serial number of the first hdd and/or the mac address of the first net-adapter and the time.

Send the string within unnecessarily, randomly created bytes.

Read the incoming string into the mysql-database and write/delete the corresponding entries automatically.

If the code is OK the server send a string in a "time window" to your application.

Good luck

DO NOT use autoit to do this, it is too insecure autoit scripts are to easy to crack

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]