Finding Checkbox ControlID

I'm trying to make sure a checkbox is checked using the function "GUICtrlSetState()". I did not create this checkbox.. I'm automating data population and set up for an email client. Unfortunately, the AutoIT Window Info tool doesn't see the ControlID of the checkbox, so I can't set that parameter. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate method of finding the ControlID, or even another way of ensuring the checkbox is checked?

I'm trying to make sure a checkbox is checked using the function "GUICtrlSetState()". I did not create this checkbox.. I'm automating data population and set up for an email client. Unfortunately, the AutoIT Window Info tool doesn't see the ControlID of the checkbox, so I can't set that parameter. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate method of finding the ControlID, or even another way of ensuring the checkbox is checked?

The control is likely "owner-drawn", meaning it is graphically presented by the application, not by calls to the standard Windows APIs. That means AutoIt can't use standard Windows APIs to automate it.

Which email client is it? Outlook, for instance, has a COM automation interface of its own that might help.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Which email client is it? Outlook, for instance, has a COM automation interface of its own that might help.

:D

It's the java version of Lotus Notes. I haven't really worked much with COM, but I'll give it a try.