What do you use if ctrl+a couldn't work

What do you use if you can't select some text in order to replace new one in some applications?

I want create some script to automate install some application.

I have this one application to install. But I'm stuck when the application ask me whether to install in default dir or different dir.

I want to choose different directory so i had to put the full path to replace the given path.

So I should delete the given path first then put the new path.

The problem is that, unlike other application that i tried, I can't select the whole text whether I use double click on my mouse, or using ctrl + A hotkey.

I could use {TAB} to select the text but maybe there is different approach.

thanks

What do you use if you can't select some text in order to replace new one in some applications?

I want create some script to automate install some application.

I have this one application to install. But I'm stuck when the application ask me whether to install in default dir or different dir.

I want to choose different directory so i had to put the full path to replace the given path.

So I should delete the given path first then put the new path.

The problem is that, unlike other application that i tried, I can't select the whole text whether I use double click on my mouse, or using ctrl + A hotkey.

I could use {TAB} to select the text but maybe there is different approach.

thanks

If TAB works then why not use it? You could also try something like

Send("{HOME}")
Send("+{END}")
Send("{DEL}")
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

@martin

I do not know if it's for SciTE but your code only select one line, so I have made one in order to select all text (not Ctrl+A of course)

Maybe I'm totally wrong because he's speaking about selecting whole text and your example is what he wants...

Anyway,

Send("{HOME}")
Send("{PGUP}")
Send("+{PGDN}")
Send("{DEL}")

Cheers, FireFox.

@martin

I do not know if it's for SciTE but your code only select one line, so I have made one in order to select all text (not Ctrl+A of course)

Maybe I'm totally wrong because he's speaking about selecting whole text and your example is what he wants...

Anyway,

Send("{HOME}")
 Send("{PGUP}")
 Send("+{PGDN}")
 Send("{DEL}")

Cheers, FireFox.

You're right, I was only thinking in a (single) straight line :D

I would have suggested this otherwise

Send ("^{HOME}")
Send("+^{END}")
Send("{DEL}")
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Moderators

Something wrong with:

ControlSetText()?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Something wrong with:

ControlSetText()?

Not a lot I shouldn't think :D .

• 1 month later...