Anti -Decompile AutoIt Script.....

My solution is not very good but it's one that is possible.

what your script does that is so secret? I wonder if it is scam bot.?

I think there is no chance to protect it against decompile, but you can make your source difficult to understand for humans. You can add a chain of random functions that are called by another and that does nothing special.

you can convert some strings to binary/hex and then make functions to work with hex/binary strings, so it will be extremely hard to track your code.

But remember if autoit can understand your script then it is possible that human can understand it too!

edited

Where I can find it? I just installed latest scite from autoit homepage and i cant see such thing in tools menu.

edit:OK I found it, I just had to scroll that page.

Edited by E1M1

edited

• Moderators

Obfuscation is the only way you have to keep your scripts semi safe. Anything else is that manipulates the binary is a breach of the license agreement.

For the full SciTe version, download the installer from here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfil...iTE4AutoIt3.exe

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Obfuscation is the only way you have to keep your scripts semi safe. Anything else is that manipulates the binary is a breach of the license agreement.

This is coming from the official person and for me that is almost a law.

It's also a strong indicator that AutoIt's EULA, despite the fact that it was revised couple of times in past time, is still bad or maybe not good... or whatever.

Devs would really need an expert on that field to wrote AutoIt's EULA for them.

Current one is failing in determination of the owner of the compiled script. Who is the rightful owner? If that's the person who compiled the script then there is a contradiction in EULA when saying "You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or compiled scripts..."

You can do what ever you wan't with your property if it's truly yours.

If "Jonathan Bennett and the AutoIt Team" are saying: "No, you cannot do that!", then they are saying that you are not the rightful owner (in full meaning of that word), because they are there to tell you what you can and cannot do.

This situation is common with for example bought software. The difference is that you are not allowed to resell the bought.

AutoIt's EULA is allowing you to "... sell for profit and freely distribute scripts and/or compiled scripts...", but how can you freely (the way that suits you) distribute those goods if you are to say to the buyer that "Jonathan Bennett and the AutoIt Team" (third party) forbids this and that to the buyer of your software. :D

"Jonathan Bennett and the AutoIt Team" will eventually have to say if you are the full owner or they have their share in your software.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 4 years later...

Sorry for bringing up old topics but. when you say Binary, are you refering to the original Autoit binaries that come with the program, or an end user written script after it is compiled?

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Moderators

Kovacic,

I have answered this here. :)

And now we will keep that pesky bird in its cage.... :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area