Sign in to follow this  
dantay9

GuiRegisterMsg

dantay9

I do not understand the mouse hook used in my script. I got the hook from another script on the forum. If there is a way to use GUIRegisterMsg instead of the hook, please show me. If not, does anyone have a good tutorial on Hooks?

New_AutoIt_v3_Script.au3

Edited by dantay9

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

Authenticity

Read this and this pages carefully, it's pretty much self-explanatory. The hook in the script you've posted is checking if the mouse event is a wheel rotation or a wheel down event. If it's a wheel, the high word of the mouseData member of the structure is either a negative or a positive value of the delta (120 or -120 by default) and I don't good in math to understand the rest :D . If the mouse wheel is down (clicked) then if the window is visible it's hidden and vice versa.

dantay9

Thanks Authenticity! Do you know if there is a way to use guiregistermsg? If you don't know something off the top of your head, don't bother. What I have works fine.

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

Authenticity

A hook procedure differs from the window procedure in that it captures event on the system level rather than only your window level. In other words, without reading the script to see why it's using a mouse hook procedure, the program is probably interested to be notified about event posted from the mouse regardless if it's the active window. If you'll use GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MOUSEWHEEL, 'onmousewheel') for example, you're going to be notified only if your window is the active window.

dantay9

Thanks a lot. I understand hooks a lot more now.