Warp speed in Space

trancexx

I've been speechless so far. This is beyond god like.

I don't think people truly understand the work done in the assembly. Astonishing.

This is without any doubt the coolest thing I've seen on the forum. Hands down. No joke.

What I could do is lets say add some resource to compiled exe (encrypted, but nothing havy*) and maybe even "about" screen and make some shit that if the user is on about screen and do for examlpe CTRL+Left Mouse I load that resource, decrypt it (it would be a sound) and play music. But make it so that no one knows about that. Just for the fun of it.

... nah, it's been done before.

edit: * - havy = heavy <- click to read what I mean

This is also amazing, can't believe I missed it the first time I checked the topic. How, how did you manage to find all that out? I'm speechless once again.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I agree with monoceres! A master piece of code demonstration! Also 5* from me for this awesome work :)

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

It looks like you made a temporary DLL with the function in it, and then called the DLL useing assembly (autoit does not support functions in DLLs as far as I know). VERY nice. I think it would be cool if you could make a script to convert parts of an autoit script to assembly in this fasion. 5 stars

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

It looks like you made a temporary DLL with the function in it, and then called the DLL useing assembly (autoit does not support functions in DLLs as far as I know). VERY nice.

Say what? Ever heard of DllCall?

I think it would be cool if you could make a script to convert parts of an autoit script to assembly in this fasion. 5 stars

That would be a compiler. A dream for most au3 coders, however extremely amount of work.

QUOTE (corgano @ Jun 29 2009, 02:13 AM) *

I think it would be cool if you could make a script to convert parts of an autoit script to assembly in this fasion. 5 stars

That would be a compiler. A dream for most au3 coders, however extremely amount of work.

That would be much harder then to make C++ compiler since the functions are very high lvl in Autoit.

If you can think of the hell for a programmer, that would be closest thing probably... :) Might even last as long!

Edited by dexto

That would be much harder then to make C++ compiler since the functions are very high lvl in Autoit.

If you can think of the hell for a programmer, that would be closest thing probably... :) Might even last as long!

I don't mean a compiler. I mean a converter, to just change the script, so you could see how it was done. A compiler would do the same thing but the output would be a .exe instead of a .au3 script (even a converter with the with the compiler already made would work as a compiler)

*edit*

WOOT 4th page

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

I don't mean a compiler. I mean a converter, to just change the script, so you could see how it was done. A compiler would do the same thing but the output would be a .exe instead of a .au3 script (even a converter with the with the compiler already made would work as a compiler)

If you make something that converts au3 -> machine code like trancexx has done it would be a compiler. Your definition that the compiler should output exe files is wrongly assumed since in a traditional sense the compiler transform the code into machine code, the linker takes care of wrapping the compiler output into an executable file.

For example when you compiler a C++ program the process is something like this:

• You write the C++ program
  • The preprocessor makes changes to your code based on the directives you have entered
  • The compiler transform your source into optimized machine code
  • The linker puts together all the different binary parts and produce a PE file.
As you can see the compiler is just one part, and quite obviously the hardest part to write in the chain.

What I found most interesting about the code is that its not so much ASM as much as ASM converted manual into machine code. Assembly is only in comments to explain the machine code!

It's a set of assembly instructions represented by mnemonics and converted to opcodes. Former is found in comments, yes.

I like the way you tail the stars.

You need to cover keyboard activity with the screensaver too.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

This is also amazing, can't believe I missed it the first time I checked the topic. How, how did you manage to find all that out? I'm speechless once again.

Ahhaa!!!

I left clues all over the place :)

Check this one out. <- link (you just need to follow it)

Even my reply in your thread says that. But it's well hidden :)

... anyway you said cookie.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Ahhaa!!!

I left clues all over the place :)

Check this one out. <- link (you just need to follow it)

Even my reply in your thread says that. But it's well hidden :)

... anyway you said cookie.

Haha, I saw that too yesterday, great stuff. Missed that you replied in my topic as well. Damn I better start paying attention to your posts ;)

So here it is, the largest I could find!

http://tinyurl.com/l6j47t

So how did ya figure it all out? Attached a debugger or what? ;)

Haha, I saw that too yesterday, great stuff. Missed that you replied in my topic as well. Damn I better start paying attention to your posts :)

So here it is, the largest I could find!

http://tinyurl.com/l6j47t

So how did ya figure it all out? Attached a debugger or what? :)

You know how some things becomes transparent when you are around them for longer time?

I've been intensively learning about compilers (or better; the product of) past few months and to tell you the truth I started seeing the code in the set of opcodes (I could be developing something, lol).

No, no debugger, just visual examination and a tool or two I developed (in AutoIt) - my precious.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

To do the keyboard we'd have to do add keyboard hook (too messy) or make GUI event WM_KEYDOWN work (tried, didn't work for me) so i just added

HotKeySet(' ', '_Quit')
HotKeySet('{Enter}', '_Quit')
Helps a bit :)

Anyway, added some handling for settings and registry:

spaceNEWmod.zip

Edited by dexto

To do the keyboard we'd have to do add keyboard hook (too messy) or make GUI event WM_KEYDOWN work (tried, didn't work for me) so i just added

HotKeySet(' ', '_Quit')
HotKeySet('{Enter}', '_Quit')
Helps a bit :)

Anyway, added some handling for settings and registry:

Messy how?

You just need to add one line of code:

GUIRegisterMsg(256, "_Quit"); WM_KEYDOWN

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

How do you make it work in secure desktop..?

When you replace default SCR with it for pre-login environment its activating but is showing only a black screen (XP).

SetSCR.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ScreenSaverIsSecure"="0"
"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="30"
"ScreenSaveActive"="1"
"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="Space AU3.scr"

My guess it has something to do with GUIcreate..?

I tried it before but it turns out $WS_DISABLED (makes sense now) from GUICreate was preventing it from working but not anymore. I also added

GUIRegisterMsg(512, "_Quit"); WM_MOUSEMOVE
Is is not working properly. When I start the compiled exe then window disappears after a few milli seconds as when you moved your mouse!

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Another one with more improvements..?

Had to take the WM_MOUSEMOVE away from screen saver mode, because its too sensitive (i assume it activates even of mouse icon change (program starting))

Good this about it dlls are preloaded now so it is even faster! Now I can run 800 000 stars on my comp. without a lag! :)

How many stars can you run? :)

spaceNEWmod.zip