Email COM support

Greetings all!

This is my first post and I am a brand new user. I have a background in Unix shell scripting and I am trying to use AutoIt to monitor my email, check for new messages with certain keywords and have that trigger an AutoIt function. Is there a COM function for Outlook Express? My email is on Hotmail. Any info at all would be helpful I am sure thanks a million. I hope I can be of assistance one day here!

Flyboy2112

Greetings all!

This is my first post and I am a brand new user. I have a background in Unix shell scripting and I am trying to use AutoIt to monitor my email, check for new messages with certain keywords and have that trigger an AutoIt function. Is there a COM function for Outlook Express? My email is on Hotmail. Any info at all would be helpful I am sure thanks a million. I hope I can be of assistance one day here!

Flyboy2112

Sorry, doesn't look like it.

Outlook Express does not support automation by itself (unlike Microsoft Outlook, which comes as a part of Microsofts Office suite). Microsoft does not provide any SDK, Automation or Plugin interface for Outlook Express.

Simple MAPI is the only supported thing. Outlook Express has no

exposed object model at all.

edit:

You could do it with the normal autoit functions I guess.. use the AutoIt window info thing to see what controls and text you can play with.

Edited by Danith