Create DLL object?

benzrf

I've been reading up (or trying to, I know painfully little of the stuff it involves) on the Windows Sockets API, but the documentation assumes that you're using C++. It says to create a "SOCKET object", which I assume is a type defined in WS2_32.dll. C++ is designed specifically for this kind of thing, so it's easy to do in it. But what of AutoIT? How do I find the COM address of a type defined in a DLL file? Would it be WS2_32.SOCKET?

Someone please help!

What documentation are you referring to? By "SOCKET object" you may assume it means instantiating an object of a defined class and that is, whether it's a 4 double words class or 8 words class or something else it's just a linear memory block. If one function is expecting a POINT structure pointer you may send a pointer pointing to a class defined as:

typedef struct tagPOINT {
    INT nX, nY;
} POINT, *LPPOINT; //....

In AutoIt it's DllStructCreate() and DllStructGetPtr(). Correct me where I misunderstood.

Edited by Authenticity

In reality, "objects" in C++ are more like blocks of memory that hold pieces of data and have functions that can be called to operate on those pieces of data.

To create one in AutoIt, you'll have to fully understand the C++ one and translate it.

Thanks, I guess (not to be rude!)... Oh, man. Isn't C++ the ultimately confusing programming language or something?

Edited by benzrf