Session/window info from RDP Session

Hi there,

I encounter a different behaviour of WinGetTitle starting an AutoIt Exe program in a RDP Session:

1. If I start the RDP Session first an run the program from the file explorer, I´m able to obtain the title information using WinGetTitle function. That´s what I need, because I like to extract a specfic string, which I need to set the user environment within the application to be tested by AutoIT.

2. But I have to run several RDP sessions without interaction, thus I autostart the AutoIt Exe automatically after user login within the users profile.

In this case the WinGetTitle function returns nothing -> empty string, though the AutoIt program is running fine.

Any idea?

Basically I need to feed the AutoIt exe with some incremental numbers from outside the RDP session. The idea was, to retrieve it from the session name, that would run differently for each RDP session.

Maybe there is another solution.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Greetings

UWO

Well i read you issue and i dont have any clue.

I know sometimes that when windows is starting some 'Microsoft weird things' happens and just after a while the system is fully operational, a sleep in the beginning of the exe to garantee that the system is fully loaded could help.

Its the best i can recall at this time :)

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Does it happen with something simple like getting the title of notepad?

Which RDP tool are you using? RDC? Citrix? ...?

What are the operating systems involved?

Can you post a small script that reproduces the problem for you and that we can test with?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]