Wait for it.....

I am trying to write a script that will launch a setup.exe and then 'click' the appropriate buttons when it needs to. So far I have a very simple script that is working, using the Sleep command.

The problem I have is if the user is on the end of a slow link, the time would not be long enough. How do i go about looking for the Title or information contained in the installation screens?

This is what I have so far...

CODE
Run ('\\fs_zdm\VOL1\Applications\Install Apps\zesClient\setup.exe /V"STUNINSTALL=1 STUIP=\"zesuninstall\" STRBR=ReallySupress /L*v c:\zeslog.txt' , "")

Sleep(5000)

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(5000)

Send("{ENTER}")

Thanks

Simon.

WinGetTitle

WinGetHandle

WinWait

WinActive

WinActivate

WinExists

All in the helpfile. You can view many other window management functions in the help file as well. If you can manage a bit more code we can help you alot alot more.

Thanks for the pointers, I did manage to find a AutoIT recorder and that managed to give me the commands I needed.

This is what I ended up with, seems to do what I need it to:

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Run('\\fs_zdm\VOL1\Applications\Install Apps\zesClient\setup.exe /V"STUNINSTALL=1 STUIP=\"zesuninstall\" STRBR=ReallySupress"')
WinWait("Choose Setup Language","")
If Not WinActive("Choose Setup Language","") Then WinActivate("Choose Setup Language","")
WinWaitActive("Choose Setup Language","")
Send("{ENTER}")
WinWait("ZENworks Security Client - InstallShield Wizard","")
If Not WinActive("ZENworks Security Client - InstallShield Wizard","") Then WinActivate("ZENworks Security Client - InstallShield Wizard","")
WinWaitActive("ZENworks Security Client - InstallShield Wizard","")
Send("{ENTER}")