Finding Windows

In the past I coded a program to manipulate/work with another program. More specifically, it pulled information out of a listbox on another program.

The other program recently updated and now they have changed things.

I used to find the listbox by class, however now it doesn't seem to have its own class. Using the Window Info tool included with Auto-It, I can get the new class ("QWidget") and a handle for the window, but the control (the listbox) doesn't have its own handle anymore, nor is it a listbox class any longer--the window also doesn't have any title in the info window, even though it clearly still has that in the actual window.

My brief research showed that QWidget comes from "Qt" which is a C++ framework. Any thoughts on how I can 'find' the control now and extract data?

I don't know what the bump policy is here, but this was buried to page no responses. I read the FAQ after I posted it and saw you like code examples and what not.

I'm not sure what kind of example to provide, because I don't really know where to start. The control (a listbox) used to be a syslist32 (or something similar), and now the window info script can't determine anything about it, except for the same handle as the window.

I'm just looking for a starting point, not a hand-holding session. Is there some literature on working with these types of windows and controls?

Edited by sejje

Well I guess I made it then.

I did some searching around again, armed with more knowledge this time, and I found that it appears I'll have to use OCR.

This may or may not be correct, but apparently nobody is willing to say so, assuming anyone knows.

For now that's where I'm stuck, and I'm not sure it's going to be worth it to me to deal with learning the ins and outs of OCR.

I don't know anything about Qt, but I can tell you that the bumping policy is to wait atleast 24 hours between bumps :)

Uhmmm...

Posted Yesterday, 04:23 PM

In the past I coded a program...

Posted Today, 05:23 PM

I don't know what the bump policy is here, but...

I believe he did!

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law