Recorder

Currently i am programming a auto deployment application for work and when i try to automate everything with the recorder feature and implement it into my program it doesn’t work. I have tried recording with mouse clicks and tab enters but still nothing. Overall i am trying to get it to work with a opening and installing windows installer 3.1, all the dell system drivers, and the bios update. The windows installer works fine as does the bois but then i get to the drives it fails. I have debugged the problem to this:

Run("C:\temp\stuff\R79695\R79695.exe")

Winexists("Chip Set: Intel Chipset Software Install... Driver","Chip Set: Intel Chip")

WinExists("Chip Set: Intel Chipset Software Install... Driver","Chip Set: Intel Chip") = $title

WinWait("Chip Set","Chip Set")

If Not WinActive("Chip Set: Intel Chipset Software Install... Driver","Chip Set: Intel Chip") Then WinActivate("Chip Set: Intel Chipset Software Install... Driver","Chip Set: Intel Chip")

WinWaitActive("Chip Set: Intel Chipset Software Install... Driver","Chip Set: Intel Chip",10)

MsgBox(1,"debug2","2")

sleep(500)

MouseMove(377,200)

MouseDown("left")

MouseUp("left")

It can not read the driver chipset text. it seems like i have tryied everythin but still cant get it to work. If someone can help or give me other ideas on how to get this to work that would be great. Running out of time my intern ship is almost over and i need to get this done.

Place a consolewrite command after each line. Find out which line is failing. Also, the mouse recorder does just that. It records the mouse. The best way to do this would be to use controlclick instead of mousemove and mouseclick.

Place a consolewrite command after each line. Find out which line is failing. Also, the mouse recorder does just that. It records the mouse. The best way to do this would be to use controlclick instead of mousemove and mouseclick.

It seems to stop right at the winexist

Run("C:\temp\stuff\R79695\R79695.exe")

Winexists("Chip Set: Intel Chipset Software Install... Driver","Chip Set: Intel Chip")

As for the mouseclick im trying to avoid that because of the detail of the code. There are alot of potential systems this program will be running.

i dont fully understand the consolewrite since i have the line it failing on.

Make sure the title is exact. Use the au3Info tool to get the title. If this is the only window with that title, there is no need to use the text parameter. ConsoleWrite is use for error checking. It is very easy to understand. You type "ConsoleWrite(". Then type whatever you want it to say. The type "@CRLF)" to jump down a line and close the parenthesis. It should look like this.

ConsoleWrite('Type some text' & @CRLF)

The text will appear in the error edit box at the bottom of the script if you are using SciTE (which is the best Autoit editor).