Silly Question Regarding Mouseclick

Hi everyone,

Very new to autoit. Trying to get it to do some simple tasks while I'm away, primarily with the mouseclick function.

Func Off()

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("left"[,x,y[,$a[,2]]])

Sleep(1000)

EndFunc ;==>Off

What I want to happen is a left mouseclick, how many times I want the mouseclick (which is variable $a), every 2 seconds. This is something I just created and I haven't field tested it yet. I'm not even sure it will work.

My previous script had been set up like...:

Func Off()

Do

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("left")

Sleep(1000)

$a = $a + 1

Until $a = 14

EndFunc ;==>Off

But this was causing problems. Every time it would loop through a second time, it would just keep clicking and never stop for the next function.

If you all have any ideas concerning this autoit script, feel free!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Edited by Bmcn

Hi everyone,

Very new to autoit. Trying to get it to do some simple tasks while I'm away, primarily with the mouseclick function.

Func Off()

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("left"[,x,y[,$a[,2]]])

Sleep(1000)

EndFunc ;==>Off

What I want to happen is a left mouseclick, how many times I want the mouseclick (which is variable $a), every 2 seconds. This is something I just created and I haven't field tested it yet. I'm not even sure it will work.

My previous script had been set up like...:

Func Off()

Do

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("left")

Sleep(1000)

$a = $a + 1

Until $a = 14

EndFunc ;==>Off

But this was causing problems. Every time it would loop through a second time, it would just keep clicking and never stop for the next function.

If you all have any ideas concerning this autoit script, feel free!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Just use a For/Next loop, i.e.
Func Off($a)
    For $n = 1 To $a
        ; Do mouse click, or something
    Next
EndFunc

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law