Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dantay9

Triangle Solver v2.4

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I looked back on my triangle solver that i made previously and was disappointed. I saw the limitations and that it wasn't going to go anywhere. So I decided to rewrite it using GDI+ to draw the triangle and adding error checking to the solving function.

New in version 2.4:

-- Rewrote GDI+ functions for more reliable execution

-- Split up drawing of triangle into subfunctions for easier debugging

-- Overhauled error checking in the Solve function

-- Fixed a few minor errors in the logic of the Solve function

-- Added status bar to increase ease of use

-- Changed highlighted side letters to highlighted side angles

New in version 2.3:

-- used GUICtrlSetOnEvent to perform actions quicker

-- updated the links in the help file

-- rewrote the triangle rendering to show a scale model of the triangle being created

-- fixed error in solving algorithm

Triangle Solver.zip

Previous Downloads: 121

Edited by dantay9

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

Update!

[font="Verdana"] [size="2"]"[/size][/font]Failure is not an option -- it comes packaged with Windows"[font="Verdana"][size="2"] Gecko Web Browser[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Yahtzee![/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"], Toolbar Launcher (like RocketDock)[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Internet Blocker, Simple Calculator, Local Weather, Easy GDI+ GUI [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Triangle Solver, TCP File Transfer, [/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"]Valuater's Autoit Wrappers[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="3"][size="2"][size="2"]OOP In AutoIt[/size][/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size="2"][size="1"]Using Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon Processor @ 2.1 GHzCheck me out at gadgets.freehostrocket.com[/size][/size][/font]

Hey

I LIKE it. I know it will come in handy some day on one of my woodworking projects.

Regards

REB

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

Thanks for the feedback. If you have any suggestions or feature requests, I would love to hear them.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Updated Code!

Edited by dantay9

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

---

Edited by playlet