is there a way of stopping decompile

BasicOs

I mean, the password is supoussed to protect the autoit compiled code, and it doesnt, as a newby will open it.

is there a way to keep a little more secure one's code if you would need it, (for security reasons or for it is made for another firm which needs like that, or for keeping an only version of your idea, etc...)

apart, also another topic of my particular case:

I mean I want to finish one app with which I dont want to populate internet. Not with other many different versions which will confuse the app users.

I mean ... that is the problem with gpl, that if you do something extraordinary and good in one way and it is fine, then may be there will be 100s o more different versions of it, even if most of them even dont offer improvements or something good...

some people like to make new versions for the sake of only doing a new ver, not with a constructive - interesting reason for the project.

Thanks everybody for joining Autoit...

I love and I`d support Open Source for many other cases and apps

but not in my case now,

As I want to try making this app an standard and become a breaking competitor of some big commercial app which has not this handicapp.

Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

i remember reading somewhere else about this, sry dont have the link, but someone claimed that there friend cracked a pass phrase in less than 10 minutes, i guess the best you can do is have a long password comprising of numbers and letters in a random order?

qq

supply your own passphrase? what do you mean a newbie can open it? i must be a super newbie then, cause if someone put a password like this(made with my random password generator :D): "d6d04r4nb99o1ko67j0l6" and a "newbie" cracked it, well, id be amazed :)

FootbaG

Nothing to do with the passphrase, I mean the solution (also supported by suggi), and me,

What you could do to get around this problem and solute it is:

INCLUDE in the actual auto2exe, another compile option:

which is machine code compiling(no wrapper,no upx):

it should do made as an internal process of the auto2exe: :D

a C/C++ converter that converts AutoIt scripts into C/C++ programs and then compile into machine code.

I know it can be done, if someone want to star this proyect I will support him.. in any way :huh::):D

Would the passphrase be harder to pick out if you chose something like "This program cannot be run in DOS mode...."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

it would be extremely difficult to convert au3 to c++ but if someone found a way to effectively do it that would be nice

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

it would be hard, but you'd have to know all the functions in C++ that autoit has... i can create a GUI button in C++ :D with the windows API.. sounds like a cool project of course, ud just have to gather all the functions first in C++, which would make it a little easier... but i dont know anything about how something "Makes a .EXE" file... it'd be interesting to find out.. :)

FootbaG

it would be extremely difficult to convert au3 to c++ but if someone found a way to effectively do it that would be nice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You really are living in a dream world. Together with "layer".

You know how difficult it is to convert a programming language to another.

It's just like translating a letter to another language by a computer: the other person won't understand, because it doesn't make sense.

It will only work when a person translates/converts it. One sentence/line at a time.

Hmm... I was thinking that you could just make an au3 script and do something like this:

Func au3ToC++($file)
;do all the stuff
EndFunc
au3ToC++("BLAH.au3")

But now that I think about it, that's sort of like Spanish... Example:

Yo tengo catorce an~os is really I have 14 years, but really, we think of it as I am 14 years old... And I guess the au3 thing to C++ thing just wouldn't work :D Oh well... It was an idea, a theory.. :)

Edited by layer
FootbaG

the hardest part would be converting the message loop/on event thingys to c++ because those aren't nearly the same (i dont think im a newb at c++)

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

I've found some BCX things... I don't know if what I found has to do with the link you provided... But what I found is a C++ GUI with a ball that just bounces around inside of it, and there is some BCX_ functions in there...

FootbaG

theres also euphoria

edit: they don't even provide a compiler just a euphoria2c program so you can compile it

Edited by Xenogis

• Developers

I've found some BCX things... I don't know if what I found has to do with the link you provided... But what I found is a C++ GUI with a ball that just bounces around inside of it, and there is some BCX_ functions in there...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BCX generates C or CPP and uses a sort of Basic as Source code after which it can be compiled by Pelles or LCC (and even VC6)

Very nice way to quicky code a program or dll.... :)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

BCX generates C or CPP and uses a sort of Basic as Source code after which it can be compiled by Pelles or LCC (and even VC6)

Very nice way to quicky code a program or dll.... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sockets (w/o external stuff) + lightweight final .exe binary would make AutoIt unbeatable :D (And Linux support w/ GTK but thats a bit too much to ask)

• Developers

Sockets (w/o external stuff) + lightweight final .exe binary would make AutoIt unbeatable :) (And Linux support w/ GTK but thats a bit too much to ask)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@FrashMX: So when are you gonna start development ? :D

Think the intention of AutoIt is to be a scripting language which doesn't take much to get started and use. Doing a conversion to C/C++ will requier a compiler/linker and more knowledge to get started ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)