Woking with Internext Explore when no form is used

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how AutoIt will work with an Internet Exporer Page that has no form to attach to.

When I use DebugBar I can determine it looks the the variables I want to set are located in a document , and when you look at that it appears to be all HTMl Code. ( listed here is the details when i used the drag the Circle to the data element you want on the page - <INPUT class="text ib" id=mx2930 title=Summary maxLength=100 size=40 ctype="textbox" li="mx2931" db="mx3459">

Could someone please point me in the direction to look to determine how to interact with this type of a Internet Page ?

The Product that is putting up the HTML page is a Product called IBM Tivoli Change Product

Look forward to any help you can provide.

Get a reference to that input element with

$oInput = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "mx2930")

if it has no ID or Name, then use _IETagnameGetCollection

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble