create folder with date as name

Hey guys!

Im new to autoit, so maybe someone can help. What im trying to do is everytime i plug my f: drive, prompt me to ask if i want to back up, then if i hit yes, make a new folder on the f: drive with that days date as the name, then copy my documents folder into it. Any help is very much appreciated, thanks for your time

-genbadger

Hey guys!

Im new to autoit, so maybe someone can help. What im trying to do is everytime i plug my f: drive, prompt me to ask if i want to back up, then if i hit yes, make a new folder on the f: drive with that days date as the name, then copy my documents folder into it. Any help is very much appreciated, thanks for your time

-genbadger

Look up the DirCopy() function in the help file. Use the _NowCalc() function or just the @YEAR/@MON/@MDAY macros to assemble the folder name.

And welcome to AutoIt.

>_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ok... i think im kinda doing this right, but its naming the folder & _NowDate.... i want to get the naming right before i do the dircopy... please clear it up for me i have no clue wat to do...

thanks for the advice u guys gave me already its put me on the right track. this is all i have and im really having trouble with it iv been workin on it for hours thanks

#include <Date.au3>

DirCreate("E:\ & _NowDate")

dircopy("@mydocuments", "E:\

ok... i think im kinda doing this right, but its naming the folder & _NowDate.... i want to get the naming right before i do the dircopy... please clear it up for me i have no clue wat to do...

thanks for the advice u guys gave me already its put me on the right track. this is all i have and im really having trouble with it iv been workin on it for hours thanks

#include <Date.au3>

DirCreate("E:\ & _NowDate")

dircopy("@mydocuments", "E:\

This may help.

;
#include <Date.au3>

DirCreate("E:\" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY)

DirCopy(@MyDocumentsDir & "\MyMusic", "E:\" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY)

ConsoleWrite(@MyDocumentsDir & "\MyMusic" & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("E:\" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("E:\" & _NowDate() & @CRLF)
;

This may help.

;
#include <date.au3>

DirCreate("E:\" &amp; @YEAR &amp; @MON &amp; @MDAY)

DirCopy(@MyDocumentsDir &amp; "\MyMusic", "E:\" &amp; @YEAR &amp; @MON &amp; @MDAY)

ConsoleWrite(@MyDocumentsDir &amp; "\MyMusic" &amp; @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("E:\" &amp; @YEAR &amp; @MON &amp; @MDAY &amp; @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("E:\" &amp; _NowDate() &amp; @CRLF)
;

Well the code in my first reply didn't work, so I deleted it. Then I came up with this -

#Include <date.au3>
$text = StringReplace("C:\" &amp; _NowDate(), "/", "_")
DirCreate($text)

but your code is much better looking..<br><br>BTW, I used C because E is my CD drive..<br></date.au3></date.au3>

Edited by snowmaker

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Well the code in my first reply didn't work, so I deleted it. Then I came up with this -

#Include <date.au3>
$text = StringReplace("C:\" &amp; _NowDate(), "/", "_")
DirCreate($text)

but your code is much better looking..<br><br>BTW, I used C because E is my CD drive..<br></date.au3></date.au3>

Off topic

snowmaker

I have noticed &amp; inserted into your script, and a lot more inserted into my quoted script.

I tried to duplicate this in "Test thread"

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98043&view=findpost&p=712266

without success.

Of course, while "&amp;" is there, your example script will not work.

Malkey

Off topic

snowmaker

I have noticed &amp; inserted into your script, and a lot more inserted into my quoted script.

I tried to duplicate this in "Test thread"

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index....p?showtopic=98043&view=findpost&p=712266

without success.

Of course, while "&amp;" is there, your example script will not work.

Malkey

The 'ampersand' symbols were replaced with '&amp;' after I edited the post. In the original post, the code displayed correctly.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.