External Progress Bar Puzzle

I call an AU3 script from an external program so that the AU3 script can put up a Progress Bar for the user while a 30-second operation in the external program takes place. It works fine. However, there are times when the operation finishes in only a couple of seconds. I try to send a Bar Off request to the AU3 script, but it is ignored -- probably because the script does not actually receive the request due to the _Singleton mode that it runs under.

Do I need to abandon the _Singleton approach? I've tested without the _Singleton and the cancel request is received, but I don't know how to make the independent second copy (with the cancel request) cancel the already-running copy servicing the first request. As always, I'm looking for a simple method.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

The simple way would be to create a blank file FileWrite($filename,"") and have the loop where you are progressing the progress bar check to see if the file exists, if it does, exitloop then delete the file.

[size="2"] "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian Kernighan[/size]