Strange AITv3 file association problem

Hi all,

I have a strange problem, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's wrong. I've got AutoIT on my laptop running WinXP, and up until a few days ago, everything was working fine. Now all of a sudden when I try to run .au3 srcipts, I get errors like this:

C:\path\to\script\srciptname.au3 is not a valid Win32 application

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AutoIT, but that didn't help. Then I tried going into the properties for one of my scripts, and specifically selecting 'open with' AutoIT3.exe. That doesn't help either, and the strange thing is, when I select AutoIT3.exe, when I look back in the "Open With" menu, instead of showing AutoIT3, it shows 'program' with the same icon that gets used for .bat files. :D

When I run AutoIT3.exe and select the script I want to run, it works ok. I'm pretty sure this is just some stupid problem with a registry value or something, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Any ideas would be REALLY appreciated -- :) I need my AutoIT!!

Edited by nicholassolutions

Control panel > Folder Options> File Types> scroll down to .au3  and highlight it.

That's equivalent to what I was doing...unfortunately I still had the same problem -- thanks for the suggestion though, it got me thinking some more, and I was able to solve the problem by just making a copy of autoit3.exe, and pointing my au3 files to that instead....strange...oh well, at least it works. Thanks again for the help.