Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vmars

SampleControls.au3 ?

4 posts in this topic

1) I like the Script 'SampleControls.au3': But I am wondering why most controls are the same color?

Is it difficult or impossible to make some or all controls colorful?

2) SaveFile in Scite locks up, can't save. I have to use saveAs instead. Why would this happed?

3) I notice that even 1-Line scripts compile into 255kb or so. But a much larger script such as 'SampleControls.au3' compiles into 262kb. So basic overhead is ~ 250kb?

That's pretty darn good!

1. Some (not all) controls can be colored with GUICtrlSetColor() and GUICtrlSetBkColor(). Try to experiment some and you will see :(

Tip: You can use GUICtrlSetDefColor and GUICtrlSetDefBkColor() to change the default color for all controls before you create them!

2. No idea, never seen that before. Maybe ask the SciTE developers.

3. AutoIt script's are interpreted. What basically happens when you compile a script is that all includes is pasted into your script (plus the FileInstall's) and then that is "merged" with AutoItSC.bin (or AutoItSC_x64.bin if you are compiling for x64) which is a stub for the normal AutoIt.exe (or the AutoIt3_x64.exe :( )

Anymore questions? >_<

Anymore questions? >_<

-Ok, thats great news(colors).

-Sorry, didn't notice this post until today 080209.

-Thanks..vm

-

- <-- i put a '-' as 1st char, cause i cant see my own cursor, in leftmost position.

1) I like the Script 'SampleControls.au3': But I am wondering why most controls are the same color?

Is it difficult or impossible to make some or all controls colorful?

2) SaveFile in Scite locks up, can't save. I have to use saveAs instead. Why would this happed?

3) I notice that even 1-Line scripts compile into 255kb or so. But a much larger script such as 'SampleControls.au3' compiles into 262kb. So basic overhead is ~ 250kb?

That's pretty darn good!

Regarding #2

Seems like sample script can not be saved. Probably to preserve their code. "Save as" lets you save and use script anyway you want.

REB

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE