_GUICtrlListView_ClickItem does not work

vvb

Hi All,

I've been using AutoIt 3.3.0.0 for just over a week. Very useful. I have the following questions:

1. I've been trying to write a script to manipulate user's permissions in the C:\Documents and Settings folder.

I've got the handle to the listview and the index of a user but performing a

_GUICtrlListView_ClickItem($h, $idx, "secondary") brings up the general context menu rather than the one for the

selected user. I've searched and have come across a post about the column been too wide and have tested it by reducing the size of the name column in explorer. This works. However, according to that post, the bug was fixed in

3.2.13.8 beta. Why is it still present. I managed to fix it by forcing the name column to adopt the header size. Is

this the correct way or am I missing something?

2. When attempting to delete all files under a directory (recursively), I used:

$filesToDelete = "C:\Documents and Settings\tempUser\Start Menu\*.*"
$ret = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c del /f /s /q" & $filesToDelete, "", @SW_HIDE)

The above does not delete any file under the Start Menu folder (I'm logged in as an Admin). Is the above correct way

of deleting or do I have to perform recursion my self on every folder under Start Menu and use FileDelete on each folder?

All help much appreciated.

Cheers

Vlad

I'll be AutoIting my entire system soon.

Hi All,

I've been using AutoIt 3.3.0.0 for just over a week. Very useful. I have the following questions:

1. I've been trying to write a script to manipulate user's permissions in the C:\Documents and Settings folder.

I've got the handle to the listview and the index of a user but performing a

_GUICtrlListView_ClickItem($h, $idx, "secondary") brings up the general context menu rather than the one for the

selected user. I've searched and have come across a post about the column been too wide and have tested it by reducing the size of the name column in explorer. This works. However, according to that post, the bug was fixed in

3.2.13.8 beta. Why is it still present. I managed to fix it by forcing the name column to adopt the header size. Is

this the correct way or am I missing something?

2. When attempting to delete all files under a directory (recursively), I used:

$filesToDelete = "C:\Documents and Settings\tempUser\Start Menu\*.*"
$ret = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c del /f /s /q" & $filesToDelete, "", @SW_HIDE)

The above does not delete any file under the Start Menu folder (I'm logged in as an Admin). Is the above correct way

of deleting or do I have to perform recursion my self on every folder under Start Menu and use FileDelete on each folder?

All help much appreciated.

Cheers

Vlad

Hi,

1st)

_GUICtrlListView_ClickItem($h, $idx, "secondary")

try "left" or "right" instead of secondary

2nd)

This should work:

$filesToDelete = """C:\Documents and Settings\tempUser\Start Menu\*.*"""

$ret = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c del /f /s /q " & $filesToDelete, "", @SW_HIDE)

;-))

Stefan

Hi,

1st)

_GUICtrlListView_ClickItem($h, $idx, "secondary")

try "left" or "right" instead of secondary

2nd)

This should work:

$filesToDelete = """C:\Documents and Settings\tempUser\Start Menu\*.*"""

$ret = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c del /f /s /q " & $filesToDelete, "", @SW_HIDE)

;-))

Stefan

1. I use "Secondary" for right-clicks and "Primary" for left-clicks just in-case a person is left handed and has swapped the buttons around. Either way, both clicks are off.

2. The del command when performed on the command prompt works, just not in autoit.

Hi,

1st) See Help MousClick

The "secondary" or "menu" buttons will usually bring up the context menu, whether the buttons are swapped or not.

I think this is your problem!

2nd) Did you copy my corrected code? I added qoutationmarks for $filestodelete and a blank after the /q in $ret

;-)

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

Hi,

1st) See Help MousClick

I think this is your problem!

2nd) Did you copy my corrected code? I added qoutationmarks for $filestodelete and a blank after the /q in $ret

;-)

Stefan

1. I'm after the context menu as I want to display the properties dialog for a folder. However, the problem also occurrs for single click selects. This is only on the Explorer. I dont have this problem for any other listviews/

2. Thanks for that. Totally missed it.