Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnapCrakllPop

How to play audio files?

5 posts in this topic

I'm using memory addressing to monitor a value in a program, and I want to play a music file (mp3 format) when it reaches a certain value, as a means to alert me. How would I do this? I'd obviously need to make the file run in another program, such as iTunes, but how?

If you shellexecute the mp3, it'll start playing in the systems default player, if the system is confgured to do so.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I'm using memory addressing to monitor a value in a program, and I want to play a music file (mp3 format) when it reaches a certain value, as a means to alert me. How would I do this? I'd obviously need to make the file run in another program, such as iTunes, but how?

That makes no sense, use SoundPlay() instead, it's easier.

for some reason SoundPlay() isn't working. I made a rediculously simple test script that consists of one line:

SoundPlay("test.mp3")

Yes, test.mp3 exists in the same folder as the script.

Am I using it wrong? Also, how do you shell execute? is there like a ShellExec() Function?

Thanks for the replies

Looked into the documentation and found that I needed the second parameter set to 1 in order to actually let the file play.

Thanks for your help guys (: