AutoitX PixelSearch acting weird

Cotino

Hi, first time posting here.

I'm trying to use PixelSearch into finding a moving pixel.  However, it can't even find a static pixel ...

If the rectangle is too wide, it doesn't find the pixel, however i tried with a 10*10 rectangle, and here it works.

I'm confused, is there a max size for the rectangle ? I'm looking for a 1280*800 rectangle.

Is there any other way i could do that ? I thought about doing a PixelGetColor over the whole screen, but that would take too much time. It has to search 5 times in 1sec.

Am i missing something ?

POINT pos = { 0, 0 };
RECT rect = { 0, 0, 1280, 800 };
int color = 0xFF00FF;

AU3_PixelSearch(&rect, color, 0, 1, &pos);
std::cout << pos.x << " " << pos.y;

Edit : Even weirder now, i search on a rectangle 1000,400,1100,500 and it finds a pixel on 447,403.

How is that even possible ? It shouldn't have checked that pixel at all.

Edited by Cotino

In help file it says (left, top, right, bottom, colour) 

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")

value = oAutoIt.PixelSearch(0,0, 100, 100, 0)
If oAutoIt.error = 1 Then
  WScript.Echo "Color not found"
Else
  WScript.Echo "Color found at: " & value(0) & "," & value(1)
End If

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I just figured it out.

Autoit reversed the left and right var of the rect. So, right is left, and left is right.

I wonder how it's possible that no one else made a thread about this. I can't be the only one to use pixelsearch, am i ?

New problem now.

If i loop pixelsearch for a long time on a pixel, it will find that pixel at a certain position, usually max x and random y, and the only way to make it work again is to restart the computer. However, if i change the pixel, it works just fine.

Maybe it uses some kind of buffer that gets full if you use it too much, and using another pixel use another buffer ?

I just figured it out.

Autoit reversed the left and right var of the rect. So, right is left, and left is right.

I wonder how it's possible that no one else made a thread about this. I can't be the only one to use pixelsearch, am i ?

I have noticed it in the past, and also figured the solution I'm sorry to admit, my memory is not what it used to be.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.