Koda ver 1.5 uploaded

lookfar

Hm, this question is beyond my area. Though, this is already in the Scite installation, do you think it need to be included in the release? Among other things it will greatly increase distributive size (Koda itself, languages, templates etc etc - it's about 600 kb zipped size).

Sorry LazyCat I forgot that Koda is bundled with Scite so my question should be:

Will be this new Koda included in new Scite installer which will come probably in May along with new release (not beta) version of AutoIt?

Edited by Zedna

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in Object inspector you are also editing and it's in View and not Edit.

I understand your idea of View only for long time like Object inspector.

Please look into Delphi (I haven't it instaled now) where in menu is TabOrder editor. I think in Koda it should be in the same place as in Delphi when Koda is "clone" of Delphi

Yeah, I have it installed :( TabOrder in the Edit menu.

Of course, I follow some interface ruls from Delphi, it's convenient enough, so not need to reinvent wheel.

Will be this new Koda included in new Scite installer which will come probably in May along with new release (not beta) version of AutoIt?

Time is show... Codegen after rewriting still require many fixes, probably other thing too. It's anyway will be included with Scite, but Scite updating more frequently, so imo not matter, if this will be included in one day with Autoit release or not :think:

Another big thing (though mainly internal) with this beta - new xml save/load routines, now based on the general xml parcer. This should be more reliable and give less errors. But because this critical update, it's need to be tested - especially for compatibility with old forms and saving/loading non-latin strings. So if someone have many complex forms and can test it - this will be appreciated. Test version with new routines enabled can be downloaded http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_test.zip.

I tried this test version of Koda with newly created/modified forms and also on some of my old complex forms created in version 1.5.1 and it seems to be working fine in all situations. Also non latin chars are GOOD in this version :think:

But here are some general ideas for solving StayOnTop problems:

4) After F10 is SCITE hidden behind OnTop Koda window

8) IDE StayOnTop problem can be resolved by minimizing (or hiding) Koda IDE after F10 like Delphi IDE do it when Run application

or there could be some Option: "Hide Koda IDE after Run" or "Minimize Koda IDE after Run"

9) new hotkey for example Shift+Esc to minimize Koda because after Alt+Tab sometimes it is not possible work with other applications due to StayOntop Koda IDE

I tried this test version of Koda with newly created/modified forms and also on some of my old complex forms created in version 1.5.1 and it seems to be working fine in all situations. Also non latin chars are GOOD in this version :think:

Good news! Thank you for testing!

But here are some general ideas for solving StayOnTop problems:

8) IDE StayOnTop problem can be resolved by minimizing (or hiding) Koda IDE after F10 like Delphi IDE do it when Run application

or there could be some Option: "Hide Koda IDE after Run" or "Minimize Koda IDE after Run"

9) new hotkey for example Shift+Esc to minimize Koda because after Alt+Tab sometimes it is not possible work with other applications due to StayOntop Koda IDE

Seems this prob was fixed, though idea (8) good anyway.

Wait, is there a help file for Koda that explains everything about it? Because I can't figure out how to use some of its features.

Unfortunately, help does not exists, and I can't say when it will be... It's require a lot of time, that we usually lacks... Anyway, I can't do it myself, because my english is terrible, and I most likely mess you instead teach :think:

I am currently using (I think the newest Beta 1.5.1.4) Koda from within SciTE and every time I close Koda I get an access violation.

Access violation at address 0051 FC78 in  module FD.exe. Read of Address 00DF 9E73

This is all run on top of Win2K with all current patches.

Another thing I noticed is that even if I give a Label a name in Koda when it inserts the code in my program all I get is

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Warning", 64, 296, 489, 40)

When what I really want is

$main_WarningMsgID = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Warning", 64, 296, 489, 40)

I need that handle if I am going to change that warning message dynamically.

Thanks

Welcome to the board :)

I am currently using (I think the newest Beta 1.5.1.4) Koda from within SciTE and every time I close Koda I get an access violation.

This bug should be fixed in next beta (most likely tomorrow).

Another thing I noticed is that even if I give a Label a name in Koda when it inserts the code in my program all I get is

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Warning", 64, 296, 489, 40)

When what I really want is

$main_WarningMsgID = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Warning", 64, 296, 489, 40)

I need that handle if I am going to change that warning message dynamically.

Look for the "HaveVariable" property in the property inspector. Enable it for have variable generated.

Welcome to the board :)

This bug should be fixed in next beta (most likely tomorrow).

Look for the "HaveVariable" property in the property inspector. Enable it for have variable generated.

Thanks Lazycat.

I just ran into another oddity which thanks to a bit of Emacs magic I fixed. I had been designing my main form I had played around with the Menu tool then decided I didn't want a menu bar on this form after all. Generated the code then saved and put away all traces of AutoIt/SciTE/Koda. Later, I tried to reopen every thing but Koda said my main form was corrupt!!!

Well it was. It was full of binary data which thanks to Emacs I got rid of but that still didn't work, it turned out that in the top properties of the form was a reference to that menu I had deleted. I blew that line away and all was fine.

See below,

<object type="TAForm" name="main_WindowID">
  <properties>
    <property name="Left" vt="Int16">307</property>
    <property name="Top" vt="Int16">139</property>
    <property name="Width" vt="Int16">630</property>
    <property name="Height" vt="Int16">454</property>
    <property name="Caption" vt="String">main_WindowID</property>
    <property name="Color" vt="Ident">clBtnFace</property>
    <property name="Font.Charset" vt="Ident">DEFAULT_CHARSET</property>
    <property name="Font.Color" vt="Ident">clWindowText</property>
    <property name="Font.Height" vt="Int8">-13</property>
    <property name="Font.Name" vt="String">MS Sans Serif</property>
    <property name="Font.Style" vt="Set"></property>
    <property name="Menu" vt="Ident">main_PgSzRadio2ID</property>     <==== BAD LINE
    <property name="OldCreateOrder" vt="False">False</property>
    <property name="Visible" vt="True">True</property>
    <property name="PicturePath" vt="UTF8String"></property>
    <property name="Style" vt="Int32">-1798701056</property>
    <property name="ExStyle" vt="Int16">256</property>
    <property name="Version" vt="String">1.02</property>
    <property name="PixelsPerInch" vt="Int8">120</property>
    <property name="TextHeight" vt="Int8">16</property>
  </properties>

Thanks again.

not at the moment i dont think, and i was just wondering if it would be able to type a name in for a GUIctrl and not have to click another thing to have it updated :). gets kinda frustrating typing in a variable name, then clicking another object and the name not saving

Well it was. It was full of binary data which thanks to Emacs I got rid of but that still didn't work, it turned out that in the top properties of the form was a reference to that menu I had deleted. I blew that line away and all was fine.

See below,

Thanks for pointing, this is bad bug, this was already reported, but I can't find it before.

@Gene

The bug above fully explain situation, when you got AV when clicking "+" in property inspector...

Can I use Koda to Open/View/Edit a current GUI/Script I have? Like use the open button?

No atm, but it's planned - not too soon, but anyway.

not at the moment i dont think, and i was just wondering if it would be able to type a name in for a GUIctrl and not have to click another thing to have it updated . gets kinda frustrating typing in a variable name, then clicking another object and the name not saving

You have to press Enter after typing name or something else to accept it, if you do, control will update immediately.

Edit: changed this, now name will autosave.

Edited by Lazycat

Hello,

First step in french...

(view the lang_frbe.xml).

Who can make the correction (in french, for orthography) ?

(This not a "compiled" file)...

:)

G

Edit (08/05/2006) :

Uncompiled version : updated v0.1.216.alpha (error in vocabulary)

Compiled version : added v0.1.216.alpha

Template.xml

lang_frbe.xml

Edited by Groumphy

----------------------GroumphyMore information about me [Fr]

First step in french...

Thanks! But note, that text references in beta can be changed.

Also, here the http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.05.05.zip. Mostly fixes and internal changes (look history.txt for full info).

Note, due changes in menus code, forms, created in previous betas will be broken. But yor still can fix it by removing TabOrder property from TA***Menu objects in kxf file.

Hello,

Ok, I translated this as soon as possible.

... And I post here :) (of course).

But I've a small question :

How can I translate this

<cbDesignerReflect property="Caption">Reflect form styles changes in designtime</cbDesignerReflect>

<cbDesignerSafe property="Caption">Don't reflect unsafe styles (transparency etc.)</cbDesignerSafe>

... Difficult for say that in french !

----------------------GroumphyMore information about me [Fr]

Just noticed something having to do with Pushbuttons. Running Koda beta 2006.05.05

When you select a pushbutton on your form as the default pushbutton Koda adds the heavy button outline but does not set the $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON. Thus, the code generated is in error. If I select $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON by hand via the Styles tab the code is generated correctly. Am I misinterpreting the "Default" attribute of this control?

Thanks.

Just noticed something having to do with Pushbuttons. Running Koda beta 2006.05.05

When you select a pushbutton on your form as the default pushbutton Koda adds the heavy button outline but does not set the $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON. Thus, the code generated is in error. If I select $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON by hand via the Styles tab the code is generated correctly. Am I misinterpreting the "Default" attribute of this control?

Thanks.

You right, "Default" property is standard delphi property for setting default button. But since Koda was developed for Autoit, which opertate with WinAPI styles, we decided to give access to all styles directly instead using properties with unfamiliar names, which give no clue what styles are set actually.

So this is reason why property work visually, but have no action in generated code. This should't be here... I'll remove it.

not sure if this has been reported before, but a search for the error yielded no results.

Removing the name of a control will, when saved, cause the form to be unloadable. This is fixed by manually adding the form name to the kvf file.

Also, the generated while loops now contain a "switch" command....did you mean select?

That whole code block is a little off, and doesnt work (the code was generated correctly in 1.4)

Just thought id point that out :)

Otherwise, good job, awesome program :(

Edited by ronin2040

Removing the name of a control will, when saved, cause the form to be unloadable. This is fixed by manually adding the form name to the kvf file.

Yes, this problem exists (for controls too). When new load/save code will be activated (you can test it right now, link to "test" version was few posts up) this problem will be gone. Now just not leave name field empty.

Also, the generated while loops now contain a "switch" command....did you mean select?

That whole code block is a little off, and doesnt work (the code was generated correctly in 1.4)

No, I mean "Switch" :) This new keyword is present in beta, that will be released soon. I'm not sure that Koda will be released earlier, so this will be no problems with this keyword.