_runonlyonthispc() Udf

Xenobiologist

Hi,

okay great. Thanks for testing.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

hi th.meger,

thanks for your UDF. hv been trying to find out more about this in the forum, glad that I bumped into this thread. will be monitoring very closely for further updates.

good job!

HI,

thanks! Further updates. What feature do you want to have?

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• 4 months later...

Hi,

sorry for not answering the questions. Haven't looked into this for quite a while.

I do not think that it is possible to make a file uncopyable.

Problem when starting from cd. I do not think so. Haven't tested it. :">

So long,

Mega

• 2 months later...

I actually like the idea alot, but what I'd prefer is something along these lines:

You send user a tool, he runs tool, he reports you what the tool spits out.

You then insert this into your script, compile and send it to him.

It works for his ... harddrive/windows installation/cpu/whatever, but nowhere else.

Or did I miss something and this is how it works?

Here are some unique ID' s you can use to add on.

..snipped

Enjoy !!

EDIT : Added Drive information on request of taurus905

interesting, you could add those together, and use some hash algorthm, it would be hard to get around.

_Read_BioS() returns blank for me.. though.

here a pseudo idea, you could generate a user key by using that code and the hashing, and generate the unlock key somehow, and have a decryption algorith for the userkey, and unlock key, so where it checks user settings, and compares,.. eeerr my mind has ventured off to another planet. :whistle:

Edited by mrRevoked
Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Hi,

thanks both of you for your comments.

You suggested another idea. :shocked:

Should be no problem to build a script which generates a code that the user has to send to you and then you'll send your script to the user with the checktool in your script. That is something like Xprotect by Valuater does I guess.

Maybe I'll think about it my script and do a new version.

So long,

Mega

• 1 month later...

Hi Mega,

Thanks a lot for all your help and specifically for this awsome script you have made and kindly shared. I have just used it in one of my projects after tiny modifications. I am not sure if I have actually noticed a little bug in the line concerning the setting a sort of the default EncctyptLevel option, i.e.

If $i_option <> 1 Or $i_option <> 2 Then $i_option = 1oÝ÷ Øly鬶޽êà÷²¢æ§¢b¢z-êí©õºy^²Ì¨¹ÈZ­ç(;§rبú諨´êêºbÚ*º@Ú®¢ÙÚérjëh×6If $i_option <> 1 And $i_option <> 2 Then $i_option = 1

At least, I think this is really what you meant, didn't you? Another possibility is that I am missing something which may actually be the case :)

Another question to you is about the meaning of func DriveGetSerial("C:\") as it is in my case. I have the only one HD divided into several partitions. If I use any of them as an argument for this func I am getting different serials :) I thought that the serial should be the same for all partitions as they are situated on the same HD, shouldn't it?

Kindest regards and many thanks once more!!! :)

Warmly,Narciso

Hi,

firstly thanks for testing! Yes, you are right. I'll fix that. :)

DriveGetSerial: Sorry, I cannot test it right now and I do not know what information the function gathers. Maybe some of the devs can switch on the light here.

So long,

Mega

P.S.: Do you have any ideas for improving this func? (I only needed it once and that it why I never worked on it again. :"> )

P.P.S: I'll have a look into the code, maybe I find some things to improv myself.

Hi,

firstly thanks for testing! Yes, you are right. I'll fix that. :)

DriveGetSerial: Sorry, I cannot test it right now and I do not know what information the function gathers. Maybe some of the devs can switch on the light here.

So long,

Mega

P.S.: Do you have any ideas for improving this func? (I only needed it once and that it why I never worked on it again. :"> )

P.P.S: I'll have a look into the code, maybe I find some things to improv myself.

Hello Mega! :)

Thanks for answering.

I am of the opinion that your concept is just perfect :) What I changed was just adding option no. 3 which concatenates the option no. 1 and no. 2 in building up the $stringToCrypt, so it makes the program dependent both on Windows installation date and drive serial (whatever it really is). In such combination using $i_EncryptLevel = 3 you generate 300 byte registry key which seems quite long, however as the WinXP experts say (I have asked, mind you!) the registry key length IN PRACTICE (not just theory) should not exeed 2 kB so it is well below that limit and does not make the program slower upon launching it. I have tested it myself - works perfect.

ElseIf $i_option = 3 Then
        Local $stringToCrypt = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "InstallDate") _ 
            & DriveGetSerial(StringLeft(@SystemDir, 3))
        If @error = 1 Then Return -4
    EndIfoÝ÷ ØZ½æ¥²^r'^vÚ©àzØ^©¡úÞ+-¯)ÊÊ"¶+'£   ¨­çb}øº[m¡ø§u©ÝjË(r&­y©Ú­¸­­ªò©Ê,+Ü"¶azv¦zíêk¢
Ú*.¦º-yËN}Ê.®Çvèµ·¥ëÞÚÞjYrjk¢÷¬j|­)àiËnjYr"Øî²ÛzgºÇºX§)®Ø®±êÞø«¢yÒÊ!j÷yéÜ¢wî±çZn­¶yø§Ø¨ò¢êߺw'jg¥É«­¢+ÙÕ¹}ÉÕ¹=¹±å=¹Q¡¥Ì ÀÌØíÍ}-å9µ°ÀÌØíÍ}¹ÉåÁÑAÍÍݽɰÀÌØí¥}¹ÉåÁÑ1Ù°°ÀÌØíÍ}Ñ¥ÙÑ¥½¹-ä°ÀÌØí¥}½ÁÑ¥½¸ôĤ

Well that will be basically it. Thanks again for the contribution and explanation on code obfuscation. It is a pity though that you cannot actually translate AutoIt code into C++ and only then compile it or just save a byte code generated by the AutoIt interpreter as an independent EXEcutable. I still cannot understand why such a feature is so hard to implement, however I should accept what real experianced programers say, I guess :P

Warmly,Narciso

• 5 years later...

I do not know if this still alive.

I noticed there might be a problem with activatescript.au3.

If I attempt to run in SciTE, my source will get deleted!

Therefore, I suggest to add in a if statement just above $cmdfile = ':loop' & @CRLF..........

if @Compiled then

$cmdfile = ':loop........

• 3 years later...

Hello Mega,

I got the file i'm bit confused using your _runOnlyOnThis and activate script to. I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but i'm confused. Can you attack a sample scripts to use. And i appreciate scripts in both for window date and hard drive no...

I would like to know how to know hard drive serial no. I got windows date with the help of once of your reply. Looking for an early reply from you dear. Thanks...

Hello Mega,

I got the file i'm bit confused using your _runOnlyOnThis and activate script to. I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but i'm confused. Can you attack a sample scripts to use. And i appreciate scripts in both for window date and hard drive no...

I would like to know how to know hard drive serial no. I got windows date with the help of once of your reply. Looking for an early reply from you dear. Thanks...

Welcome to the forums @RoshanAsGeek ,
this post is very old, _StringEncrypt is no longer used,
look for something a year old, or two, not nine years old.

As far as https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/DriveGetSerial.htm ,
there you go.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png