- Reads ID3v1.0, ID3v1.1, ID3v1.1+, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, APEv2 and MPEG frame header
- Writes ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4
- Latest Version v3.4 20120610
- AutoIt Version Required: 23rd December, 2011 - v220.127.116.11 of AutoIt
- ID3 functions only work with .mp3 files
- More info on the ID3 format can be found at http://www.id3.org/Developer_Information and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3
- More info on the APE tag format can be found at http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=APEv2_specification
- If you only care about getting the basic info ie. Album, Artist, Track and Song Title then look into using Udf: Get Extended FIle Properties
- More ID3 implementations http://www.id3.org/Implementations
- Added resetting of all global ID3 variables in _ID3ReadTag() to make sure they are set back to the default values
- changed _ID3WriteTag() to determine what tags have been read and to only write back those version if $iTagVersion=-1
- edited _ID3WriteTag() comments
- added $iReturnTypeFlag to _ID3GetTagField() inputs for ID3v2 functions
- fixed _ID3GetTagField() so that @extended is set to the Number of frames that exist with same $sFrameIDRequest
- fixed _h_ID3v2_EncodeStringToBinary() variable typo ($FrameData should be $bFrameData), thanks BrewManNH!
- changed all _ID3v1Field_GetString and _ID3v2Field_GetString to _ID3GetTagField
- I have realized that the GUI example has become overly complex, so I have added this file to help show how I intended ID3.au3 to be used.
$Filename = FileOpenDialog ( "Select Mp3 File", "", "Muisc (*.mp3)") $sTagInfo = _ID3ReadTag($Filename) MsgBox(0,"TagInfo",$sTagInfo) MsgBox(0,"ID3v1 Title",_ID3GetTagField("Title")) ;Title from ID3v1 MsgBox(0,"ID3v2 Title",_ID3GetTagField("TIT2")) ;Title from ID3v2
Simple Write Tag Example:
$Filename = FileOpenDialog( "Select Mp3 File", "", "Muisc (*.mp3)") $sTagInfo = _ID3ReadTag($Filename) _ID3SetTagField("COMM","TEST COMMENT - ID3v2 Comment Tag") _ID3WriteTag($Filename)
Latest Version v3.4 20120610
Edited by joeyb1275, 10 June 2012 - 01:28 PM.